Babysitting

Watching a baby wasn't always the most fun. A baby couldn't tell you if they needed something. If they did they would just cry until you figured out what they needed. Mickey and Ian learned this the hard way when they agreed to take care of Zegan for the day while Carl and Hannah worked. "What does he fucking need?" Mickey said while Ian rocked Zegan in his arms. Mickey never really took care of his own son. Ian did take care of Mickey's son when he lived with them. He also had some experience when Liam was little. Zegan had been crying for the past five minutes and the two boys couldn't figure out how to make him stop. They tried to give him a bottle, he didn't want it. They tried giving him his pacifier, he didn't want it. They changed his diaper, he didn't stop. They tried to play with him, he cried more.

"I don't know Mick. Maybe he's tired?" Ian paced the living room. Mickey walked from the kitchen to the living room with an open beer in his hand.

"Give him here." Mickey took the baby from Ian and Ian took the beer from Mickey. "Shhh." Mickey rocked the baby in his arms. Ian smiled at Mickey and took a sip from the beer. Mickey always turned soft for his baby nephew. Ian loved this side of Mickey. After a minute of Mickey rocking Zegan, he finally stopped crying. Ian let out a sigh of relief, happy that the house was finally quiet. Mickey slowly sat down on the couch. When he did Zegan snuggled more into his chest and closed his eyes. Ian sat next to Mickey and handed the beer to him.

"He likes you." Mickey took a sip of the beer.

"He better." Mickey smiled down at the little baby that he loved so much. Ian put his arm around Mickey's shoulders. Mickey laid his head back on Ian's arm. Ian's eyes slowly closed as so did Mickey's.