Christmas

Zegan woke up on Christmas morning and ran out of the room he shared with his parents. He walked into the living room. The Christmas tree lights lit up the room in different colors. Presents were lined under the tree. Zegan smiled. He couldn't wait to open his. He ran back into his room and jumped on his parents bed. "Wake up. Santa was here." He yelled. Hannah smiled before she opened her eyes. Just hearing her little boy happy made her happy. She opened her eyes and watched Zegan run down the hall to Mickey and Ian's room. Carl rolled over to face Hannah.

"It's 5:30." He yawned.

"He's your kid." Hannah got out of bed.

Zegan ran into Mickey and Ian's shared room. He jumped on Mickey and hit Ian's stomach. "Get up." He yelled once again. Ian rubbed his eyes.

"Five more minutes."

"No get up." Zegan yelled in his face.

"Quit yelling god damn it." Mickey woke up. Zegan jumped on Ian's back.

"Oww." He yelled out. Mickey quickly got out of bed before Zegan could jump on him again. Zegan grabbed Ian's hand and pulled him out of bed. They walked down the hall hand in hand. They walked into the living room. Carl sat on the floor with Hannah's head in his lap and Mickey sat on the couch. Zegan pulled Ian to the floor next to Carl. Once Ian sat down Zegan sat on his lap.

"Come on uncle Mickey." Zegan patted to on the floor next to him and Ian. Mickey huffed. Ian gave him a smile. Mickey got up and sat on the floor. They all opened their presents from each other and Santa. Ian cooked breakfast. Carl and Zegan played with Nerf guns Zegan got. Foam bullets flew through the house. Mickey fell asleep on the couch. Hannah poured herself a cup of coffee. A bullet flew and hit Mickey in the nose. He woke up from his nap, pissed. He stood up and saw Zegan with a goofy smile. Mickey chased him into the kitchen. Zegan ran into Hannah's legs. She spilled coffee on the floor. "Sorry mom." Zegan quickly ran away. Mickey caught up to him in the living room. He picked him up.

"Catch." He threw Zegan to Carl. Carl caught him like he was nothing. Hannah and Ian laughed as they watched Carl and Mickey play catch with Zegan as their ball.