Homecoming

Oh my god, this week I checked my story The Pain Of A Milkovich and saw that it has over a hundred votes

Oh my god, this week I checked my story The Pain Of A Milkovich and saw that it has over a hundred votes. Thank you all you have read it and voted on it. I never thought that it would go anywhere. It hasn't even been up for a year yet and it's doing pretty well. I also would like to say that I may go to only updating this book on Saturdays. I'm writing another story, The Country Girl And The Gang Member, and I haven't been updating that story in a while. This month I would like to write chapters for it so I can update all of March. I'm still not sure if I will go to updating this only on Saturdays but if I do I will let you guys know. Another thank you to you all for reading and voting on my work. Alright back to our regular program.

When all were in high school.
Ian stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom tying his tie. He was getting ready for homecoming. He didn't want to go but he wanted to do one last special thing with Hannah before he left for the Army. Hannah didn't care if she went or not but she agreed to go when Ian asked her. She didn't know that this would be one of the last times she would see Ian before he left. Ian didn't want her to know, he just wanted it to be a fun night for the two of them. He could hear his little sister and Hannah laughing from the room down the hall. Debbie insisted on helping Hannah get ready. Lip walked into the bathroom as Ian was straining his tie. "I thought you didn't want to go to homecoming?" Lip sat on the side of the bathtub.
"I didn't but I asked Hannah so we're going." Ian shrugged his shoulders.
"Hannah wanted to go?" Lip was surprised the young delinquent girl would want to go to a boring school dance.
"Yep." Ian fixed his hair a little before deciding he was ready.
"You look, good man," Lip said before walking downstairs, Ian followed.
Fiona was very excited about her younger brother going to a dance. It wasn't that big of a deal but it was to her. She watched him grow from when he was a baby until now. Ian got down the steps to see his whole family and surprisingly Mickey. "Hey, Mick. What are you doing here?" He walked over to the Milkovich boy who was awkwardly standing in the corner.
"Hannah told me I should come." Before Ian could respond everyone heard footsteps walk down the stairs. Hannah walked down with Debbie close behind. Ian's jaw dropped at the sight of his best friend. Hannah's hair was flipped to one side of her head and curled. Her makeup was light and made her icy blue eyes pop. She wore a black skirt and crop top two-piece that showed off her small waist and curves. Her shoes were black heels with a strap around the ankle and toes.

 Her shoes were black heels with a strap around the ankle and toes

"You can close your mouth, Ian." Hannah smiled as she walked over to him. He closed his now dry mouth.
"You look beautiful."
"Thanks."
"You two look amazing." Fiona walked over to the two teenagers. Ian wore a white dress shirt, black dress pants, a black tie, and black dress shoes. Veronica walked into the living room from the kitchen.
"Damn do you two clean up good."
"Thanks, V." Ian's cheeks started to turn red.
"I have to take pictures." Fiona left to get her phone. Ian and Hannah both took in how each other looked. It was very different from their ROTC uniforms they wore almost every day. Fiona came back with her phone. "Okay stand next to each other." The teenagers moved closer to each other. Ian put his arm around Hannah's waist and her's around his. Fiona took a couple of pictures of the two with the biggest smile on her face.
"Alright we should probably go or you guys are going to be late." Mickey stood up from his spot on the couch. Fiona gave both of the teenagers a kiss on the cheek before letting them walk out the door.
"Don't do anything stupid!" Veronica yelled. Ian smirked remembering his plan.
"You have a car?" Ian asked as they walked to a parked car in front of his house.
"Got it last night and will leave it at the docks tomorrow night." Mickey got in on the driver's side of the car. Nothing like taking a stolen car to homecoming the redhead thought to himself. Hannah sat in the back seat letting Ian sit on the passenger side.
It was a short distance to get to the run down southside school. Mickey pulled up in front of the school. "Bye Mickey," Hannah said and got out of the car. Ian went to follow her but Mickey stopped him.
"Don't screw this up for her Gallagher." The younger boy nodded his head before getting out of the car. Ian didn't know but Hannah hasn't stopped talking about this night since he asked her a week ago. She talked to Mickey about it so much he contemplated on punching her so she'd shut up. But he knew she'd punch back and not stop.
"Ian come on," Hannah yelled. Ian walked faster to catch up with his best friend. "What'd he say?" She asked when Ian got up to her.
"Nothing. Let's just have fun." He snaked his arm around her waist and walked into the school gym.
The gym lights weren't on. The only light was the disco lights that were set up around the room. A DJ was set up in the front and played different music. Teenagers danced around the room and drank probably buzzed punch out of plastic cups. It wasn't surprising if the punch already had alcohol in it. "Ready to dance?" Ian held on to Hannah's hand and pulled her to the dance floor.
"You're gonna pull my fucking arm out of the socket."
"Quit being a baby." The two squeezed against each other between other people.
"I'm not a baby." Hannah wined. They both left the conversation and started to dance.
They danced to three songs before a slow one came on. "I'm not dancing to this." Hannah went to walk away. Ian grabbed her wrist before she could go far.
"One slow dance won't hurt." He didn't know that she actually really wanted to dance with him but she couldn't let her guard down in front of everyone she went to school with. Ian put his bottom lip out and showed his best puppy face. Hannah smiled and walked back over to him in defeat. Ian wrapped his arms around Hannah's waist and her's went around his neck.
They swayed together to the music. Ian smiled down at Hannah with a mischievous look in his eye. She noticed. "What are you thinking about?" He grabbed her hand.
"Let's go." They both walked to the doors of the gym.
"Where are we going?" Was the last thing Hannah said before both of them disappeared into the night.