Homecoming Part 2

The Pain Of A Milkovich Part Two hit 1k reads last Friday

The Pain Of A Milkovich Part Two hit 1k reads last Friday. Also this book hit 1k reads yesterday. I really appreciate everyone who reads and votes. I can't wait to see how much more this short series will grow. Alright back to our regular program.

When all were in high school.
"Are we going to the Kash n' Grab?" Hannah asked as Ian still dragged her by her hand. The two walked down the alleyway behind the building. They got to the back door of the Kash n' Grab. Ian pulled his key out of his pocket before using it to open the door. Hannah really didn't care that they left the party at their school but why were they going to the Kash n' Grab? Out of all the places, she thought Ian would drag her to this was the last one on the list. But she was getting pissed off that he wasn't answering any of her questions. She wasn't really the type for surprises. "Linda is gonna have your ass if you're not supposed to be here right now."
"I know. I just have to grab something then we can go." Ian said as both of them walked in the back room. A plastic shopping bag was hidden in a box in the corner of the room. Ian grabbed it. It looked full but Hannah couldn't see what was in it. "Alright let's go." Ian walked out the door, Hannah followed.
"We came here for a fucking plastic bag." Ian rolled his eyes. He knew that she would be like this but when they got to the abandoned building she would have a smile on her face. "Wait." Hannah stopped in the middle of the alleyway. She unhooked the straps on her shoes before slipping them off. Ian looked at her and rolled his eyes. "What? My feet hurt." She picked up her shoes and counted to followed Ian to where he was going.

They finally reached the roof of the abandoned building. Hannah loved when they came here. She loved to see all the stars and the moonlight that shined on the river. She would never admit it to anyone but she did. "Sit." Ian pulled her away from her thoughts. He had a blanket set up on the ground for the two to sit on. She sat down making sure Ian would have enough room to sit next to her. Ian pulled two packs of cigarettes, a twelve pack of beer, and a bottle of vodka. He set it on the blanket next to Hannah. She immediately grabbed a pack of cigarettes and pulled one out.
Ian took the plastic bag that still had stuff in it to the side of the roof in front of the blanket. He took out the fireworks and set them up randomly around. He lit them before running back over to Hannah. She opened a beer and was drinking it when he sat down next to her. The fireworks started to go off, catching both of them off guard. They both fell into a fit of laughter as the rest of them went off. Ian watched as Hannah smiled and laughed. He was sad he was leaving her but he knew she would be able to handle it. "Stop fucking staring at me." Hannah pulled him out of his mind.
"Sorry." He shook his head and looked at the ground.
They both finished watching the little firework show Ian set up. Hannah could tell something was up with Ian. He just didn't seem like his happy to go lucky self.
"What's up?" Hannah took a swing of her beer.
"Uhh?" Ian looked up at her since he was laying out with his elbow keeping him up.
"Come on I know something is going on, you have that look of your face." She could read Ian like a book.
"I um... I going to the army." Hannah laughed.
"I know. You've been telling me that since we met."
"Yeah, that's not what I mean."
"Then what do you mean?" Ian looked away from her, not wanting to tell her the truth. He's said too much already. He thought about leaving, dropping the whole conversation but he knew she would just beat it out of him. "Ian I swear if you don't fucking tell me." Not wanting to get the shit beat out of him he started to talk.
"I guess I mean now. I'm going now. I'm getting a fake ID, a fake name, a fake identity, and getting on that bus." Thinking he was joking Hannah took a drink of her beer before saying.
"You're a dumb ass." She smiled. Ian knew by the way she was acting she thought he was joking.
"Hannah." His tone was serious. That's when she looked him in the eyes and knew he wasn't joking.
"Well I'm not gonna try to stop you but we are getting shit faced before you go." She pulled the beer pack closer to them.

They got drunk, really drunk. They walked to the Gallagher house. Ian's arm loosely hanging around Hannah's shoulders. Hannah stumbled with her shoes in her hand and Ian's tie hanging off her neck. They both screamed at the top of their lungs for no reason at all. A random stranger yelled out their window. "Shut the fuck up."
"No, you shut the fuck up motherfucker," Hannah yelled back.
"Fuck yeah," Ian yelled with his fist in the air.
They reached the house and stumbled up the porch steps. It was 2 in the morning and surprisingly everyone in the house was sleeping. Hannah grabbed Ian's wrist and dragged him up the steps to his room. They got to the boys' room. They both put their finger over their mouths to tell each other to be quiet so they wouldn't wake up Carl or Lip. They laughed at each other from their matching gestures. Hannah took off her top and skirt and picked up a shirt she was guessing was Ian's and put it on. Ian stripped down to his boxers before getting into his bed, leaving room for Hannah to lay next to him. Hannah laid down next to him and Ian put his arm around her. She was almost instantly asleep along with Ian. He kissed the top of her. "Goodnight love you."
"Love you too." She whispered and fell asleep. A silent tear ran down Ian's face. He would miss nights like this but he would remember this one forever.