Workout

When all were in high school.
It was a normal Tuesday evening in the Gallagher house, well normal to them. Fiona was still working. Debbie was doing her homework at the kitchen table. Carl and Liam sat on the couch watching TV together. Lip was off doing whatever. Ian and Hannah were in Ian's room working out together.
The two would usually workout after school every day if they had the time. Today was one of those days where neither of them had to work or do something else. Ian did push-ups as Hannah sat crossed-legged on his back. She looked through a West Point brochure. "You sure you want to do this? It looks tough." On their walk home from school Ian told her about his plan to go to West Point.
"You know we're supposed to be working out together not just me," Ian said dodging Hannah's question.
"I know." She threw the brochure on the bed close by.
"How many was that?" Ian pushed both of them up one more time before he let his arms collapse under him. With a grunt, his cheek fell onto the carpeted floor.
"I don't know I wasn't counting," Hannah said as she rolled off his back.
"I hate you." Ian laughed. They both stood up. "Go for a run?"
"Yeah if you can keep up." Hannah pushed Ian before running out of the room. He chased after her.
They ran through the kitchen and pushed each other past the couch. Lip had to move out of the way so he didn't get trampled when they ran out the door. "I'll beat you to the next block," Ian yelled as they went down the porch steps.
"Motherfucker," Hannah yelled after him. Why couldn't the two of them just have a normal workout routine?