Part title

"You ready baby?"

"Yeah, give me one sec." I called out, finishing off my hair.

I walked down the stairs and he was at the bottom kissing Lottie.

"Call me if you need anything okay mom?"

"I will honey, good luck."

He smiled and hugged her too, handing her Lottie.

"Does this look okay?"

"Mm, you look beautiful baby."

"Thanks hun." I grinned as he kissed my forehead.

"Bye baby girl."

"Say bye momma. Good luck with your interview."

I smiled and kissed Tara's cheek too.

"Thank you for looking after her."

"Thank you for trusting me too." She sighed and I shook my head.

"Don't. You're her grandmother, you're always trusted with her." I whispered, winking at her.

She smiled and we left and drove to the stadium.

"This is my first interview with them."

"You excited?"

"A little but I'm more nervous."

"Well you'll be fine, the guys are super nice when you do it."

I nodded and we walked to the locker rooms to see the camera crew.

"Hey guys, I'm Ben, how are you?"

"Good thanks mate, we sitting over here?" Kalyn asked & I smiled, saying hello to everyone.

"Yeah buddy. Alright so I'll just be asking you guys a few questions, we'll get your mic's on & then the cameras will start rolling."

"Okay."

They put our mic's on and Kalyn grabbed my hand and put it on his lap.

That comforted me a little.

"Okay, so first things first, the game last night Kalyn, What was going through your head when you looked at that scoreboard f seen that you'd won?"

"So many things. I was so bloody excited to win that game, made me feel so proud of our New Zealand heritage & I just could not have imagined it going any better. We had a weapon of a team put together & the boys all worked hard together & the outcome was exactly what we all wanted."

"And when the crowds chanting your name, how does that feel?"

"B actually asked me this same question last night. Look, it's insane, you just literally wanna go out and hug every person in the crowd & thank them. I heard it and looked up and just smiled. I'm doing this for myself, for my team and for my family. Hearing them chant for me makes me feel like I've earned my place in the NRL as a player. Nothing compares to it honestly. The only thing that could be better is when I hear my little girl chanting daddy for me in the stands." He laughed, squeezing my hand.

I smiled and he looked over at me, grinning.

"You've has a pretty successful career in football at the moment, what would you say made you skyrocket to such a favourite so quickly?"

"I'm honestly not sure mate, I don't have an answer for that one. I feel like it was maybe a heap of things all piled into one. I work well with the other boys in a team & I can work on my own. I think a lot of us can, but I'm not sure why I've become such a favourite recently."