Catch Ups

I was on my way to Kalyn's hometown.

I finally arrived after a three hour drive & stopped for a coffee in a little cafe.

"Just a caramel lattè thank you." I ordered & looked around the cafe.

"You like?" The guy behind the counter asked & I nodded.

If I ever had to live here this would be my spot I think. It looked amazing.

"It's so cool, you own this place?"

"Me & my wife, Kat." He said, as his wife walked over.

"Hi, I'm Bailee, how are you?" I said, shaking my hand.

"I'm Kat, Marks wife. You're not from around here?" She asked, giving me a friendly smile.

"No, visiting a friend. I was just saying how beautiful your cafe is, you guys have done Ana amazing job."

"Oh thanks very much. We've had this place for about 3 years." She said, as Mark handed me my coffee.

"Oh congrats. Well I better get going but I'll definitely be back. Thank you." I said, walking out & back to my car.

I typed in his address & drove to where it took me.

Wait, what? This is where he lives?!

It was a freshly built home, with a wrap around balcony & a fresh white paint job. It was amazing.

I got out & walked to the porch.

I couldn't get over how beautiful this home was.

The door was slightly open so I let myself in, trying to surprise him.

I heard voices to the side so I followed them & grinned.

I seen three boys, and then him, all on the back porch having beers & I instantly smiled.

I knocked on the door & watched Kay notice that I was there.

He instantly smiled & opened the door, his arms embracing me.

"Hey, I was about to text you." He mumbled, pressing his lips on mine.

I smiled & put my hand on his cheek.

"1 month too long." I laughed, as he put his arm over my shoulder & kissed my forehead.

"Guys this is Bailee. B this is Matt, Jack & Ben."

"How ya goin?" They all said & we had a bit of a chat.

"Where's your bags?"

"In the car still, I'll get them out later." I said, as he handed me a beer.

He nodded,
"I'll give you the house tour while the boys do the bbq."

I nodded & we walked inside, leaving the kitchen.

"I can't believe you're here baby." He whispered, kissing me again & I grinned.

"I'm so excited. I've got 4 days to spend with you."

He grinned & lead me through the house tour.