CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Dad II

Dr. Ujiko walked into Hisashi who was 'staring' at a photo he held. He acted as if he didn't take notice of it and pushed his cart towards the man. He took a peek at the photo without the man noticing.

"This hour's medicine, Hisashi-kun." He told the man.

"Have they found her yet?" Hisashi asked in a tone of frustration and urgency.

"Your men have found the girl. The Shie Hiassaikai have been moving her since they've heard that you were looking for her--"

Hisashi clenched his free hand.

"But I've pinpointed the next location they'll bring her to. Your men are already waiting for her there."

"Good. My return home has long been overdue."

Dr. Ujiko took another peek at the photo of Hisashi, Tenko, and Izuku from seven years ago.

---

Ochaco threw the now weightless barbell at Tenya, releasing her Quirk's effect on it as soon as it had enough momentum. The latter immediately rushed away from his previous location just as the training hall's door opened and Tenko entered.

Ochaco and Tenya's eyes widened, attempting to say something before the inevitable happens.

Then as if on reflex, Tenko had caught the barbell with one hand--a 30-kg barbell with ease.

The two gave a sigh of relief. This had actually happened once before where Tenko was easily able to catch a heavy object in momentum as if it was a stuffed toy. He's Quirkless, yes but damn, if he isn't strong.

But that does make sense. He probably had to work twice as much compared to others... compared to Izuku.

"You'd think I'd learn from the first time." Tenko laughed it off. "Izuku, catch!"

Izuku acted quickly and activated Fortify as he caught the barbell.

"It's time for snacks. I brought cheese sticks, nuts, yoghurt, and orange juice." Tenko walked towards them.

Izuku placed the barbell on the floor and inspected the food his brother brought them. Taking a deep breath, he sighed while shaking his head.

Izuku looked at his brother in frustrated disbelief. "You're just going all out, aren't you?"

Tenya and Ochaco then inspected the food. Ohh... they're food containing dairy... calcium... They tried to hold back their giggles after the realization.

"Whatever do you mean, my dear little brother?" Tenko played dumb while trying to hold back a laugh. Izuku pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

Tenko, Tenya, and Ochaco then bursted in laughter. Izuku flushed red.

Tenko placed a hand on Izuku's green hair. The latter looked up from his embarrassment and saw his brother wearing a caring smile.

"Tomorrow's a big day." Izuku's older brother told him. "I just want you to be at your best."

---

It's the day of the Sports Festival! An event anticipated by Japan every year. But this year is different. Everyone's eyes are on the first years, on the class that have gained notoriety for standing up against villains, on Class 1-A.

This was an interesting turn of events. To think the failure of our attack would give Izuku and his friends fame, I didn't expect it. Tenko thought. (best brother award, everybody!)

Tenko crossed his arms as he laid back on his seat. He looked around. This was the VIP area, as such, he was surrounded by Pro Heroes that have chosen to watch the festival in person. Don't you have people to protect, you scumbags? He thought.

Inside, he smirked. You guys have been looking for the League of Villains since the attack, correct? And you can't even tell the ringleader is among you right now? He kept his delight to himself.

The sound of the seat next to him moving made Tenko snap out of his thoughts. He looked to see a man in an engine-themed hero costume.

"Ingenium?" Tenko blurted. The man looked and smiled.

"I'm not really at work, so please, call me Tensei. You're Izuku's brother, right?" Tensei reached out for a handshake. Tenko accepted.

"Tenya had told me about you. Thank you for taking care of my brother while he was visiting." He added. Tenko gave a slight smile at the man.

---

"It's time to stop your childish tantrum, Shoto! It's your chance to finally accept your other half--time to accept me and show the world who you're meant to be! The greatest hero of all!"

Shoto grimaced at his old man's words. Best words of encouragement, aren't they?

"Yes, Dad, don't worry, I'll be careful."

Shoto heard a familiar voice from the other side of the lockers. He took a peek.

"Of course, I know I need to take it down a notch so I don't destroy them... 'kay, bye." Izuku hung up.

The green-haired boy's words angered Shoto that he slapped the other boy's phone from his hand. Everyone else at the locker room looked at them.

"Shoto, what are you--"

"How dare you?"

"What?" Izuku was thoroughly confused, both by his friend's actions and words.

"How dare you declare you'll half-ass this competition?"

Izuku looked at Shoto's anger-filled eyes in confusion and frustration.

"You were trained humanely to use your Quirk to its full potential AND YOU DARE DECLARE THAT YOU'LL HALF-ASS ALL OF THIS BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT?!"

Izuku winced at the last words.

"You were trained your whole life like a human being then you'll just discard it? Just like that?!" Shoto's voice was full of frustration. Izuku bowed his head.

The whole room was quiet.

"... you think I wanted to...?"

Izuku raised his head and looked Shoto straight in the eye, his eyes now full of anger as well. He recognized the look from the breach.

"Alright, enough of that." Aizawa-sensei entered the room and separated the two boys. The two boys continued to glare at each other even as the were seaparated.

I'll show you. So you better last long enough for the two of us to face off in battle. They both declared in their minds.

---

NOTES: We lost our connection to the internet for an entire day yesterday and I was a little shocked to find that this story got a hundred more views during that time as well as a couple of comments! So I'm dedicating this chapter to the person who commented (this is my first time actually dedicating a chapter).