• Arthur In Wonderland (pt.5)

Começar do início

"We don't have long. Here, I'll help you."

He managed to stand shakily with her assistance, and she manoeuvred him hurriedly into a wheelchair.

Getting Arthur out of the hospital was much easier than (y/n) had first anticipated.
All she had to do was wait until the police officer that had been instructed to stand guard outside Arthur's room, went to grab some food from the canteen before it closed for the night.

The unsuspecting man hadn't counted on a rebellious nurse who'd become smitten with her criminal patient, to wheel him off the ward and into an elevator, under the pretence of taking him for an urgent scan.

The hospital was eerily quiet at that time of night. The corridors were deserted, and the staff they encountered were mostly agency workers; who didn't know (y/n) and wasn't rightly interested in any of the patients.
Lack of funds meant security cameras had yet to be installed in all of the corridors, so she negotiated them strategically, avoiding the main entrance and the security desk in the lobby.

As soon as she reached the safety of the car park, she practically broke into a run. Her heart was pounding in her ears, adrenaline surging through her bloodstream, making her feel daring and reckless.

They reached her car and she urged him to climb onto the back seat, which he did with great effort. His legs felt unsteady, and he was irritatingly lightheaded. The night air penetrated the thin material of his hospital gown, making him shiver uncontrollably. His entire body trembled due to the cold, and the hospital blanket she thoughtfully tucked around him provided little in the way of warmth.

The soft push of her breasts against his chest as she leaned over him, struggling with his seatbelt, did however help raise his temperature, and offered a most pleasurable distraction from the chilly Gotham night.

"You're such a naughty little girl." He grinned crookedly. "Daddy's looking forward to rewarding you."

"Okay, can you please just stop with the whole daddy thing? That's not why I'm helping you."

She found it improbably difficult to concentrate on what she was doing, and breathed a sigh of relief when she was finally able to take her seat behind the wheel, a safe distance away from him.

He bit back the urge to argue with her, deciding it was probably safer just to keep quiet for the time being. Instead he focused on the familiar surroundings outside, that whizzed by in a blur as the car sped along the main streets of central Gotham.
The streets that looked far more beautiful to him when ablaze.

He wasn't sure how long they drove for, all sense of time had been lost on Arthur since being hospitalised. He wasn't sure if he'd dozed once or twice; his head lolling back against the seat. Briefly he had allowed his eyes to drift shut, his acute senses taking over. He listened to the soft hum of the engine, and the scent of the leather upholstery and (y/n) filled his nostrils. It was strangely comforting.

When at last they pulled into a driveway, he alighted the vehicle with her help. Arching and stretching, he cracked his back, earning a hiss of disapproval from her.

"You shouldn't do that." She scolded him, as he leaned against her; limping up to the front door.

"Yeah there's lots of things I shouldn't do, but I still do them." He smirked, while she helped him inside. "Like smoking."