(24) Forget you

Naruto yawned. He wasn't one to be sleepy at 5:45 pm, but he was. The blonde was bored at home by himself, after quitting his job things just seemed so empty without Sasuke. Naruto didn't have to worry about any financial struggles or struggling in general. It's not that he wanted those struggles again. He just wanted to work. Something to take his mind off the depressing events going on in his life right now. Sighing, he turned the news station on. They were probably talking about the deaths that were coming so rapidly. His suspicion of Karin had long been erased since 3 other girls went missing. Karin wouldn't be able to commit these crimes in jail, would she? Unless she knew more than she was letting off. Which Naruto doubted. She wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. 

  Instead, they were talking about some healthy foods to eat for the spring. Naruto shut the tv off. Then he wrapped himself in covers and shut his eyes. 

He was bored out of his mind!

---------------------

    "No, you wait here!" Itachi hissed at his younger brother in the parking lot of the store Sakura was last seen at. Sasuke had shown his elder brother was he last saw the pinkie after being questioned for an hour or two.
All they needed was to go through surveillance and they'd hopefully find Sasuke on those cameras with Sakura Haruno. Maybe even Sai's face too. 
    "Why can't I go!?" Sasuke growled angrily. Itachi pushed his brother back into the car and slammed the door shut. Without even fighting back, Sasuke gave him the finger and pushed his back into the seat. The raven was stubborn, but he wasn't an idiot. He knew it was in his best interest to stay inside. He watched Itachi swing open the door. Then his brother began talking to the same grey-haired man that Sasuke encountered a month back. Somehow he could remember it so clearly...his wife's face. She looked terrible. It was his fault for cheating on her, if he didn't cheat on her then she wouldn't be dead. She wouldn't even have the thought of cheating. He felt like crying, but he wasn't going to. The man just wasn't the type to cry over someone passing. It just felt like another needle being shoved in his arms and neck. His brother was out of sight, probably somewhere in the back of the store. After a few moments, he entered the store again. 

Itachi pulled out his phone, and dialed a  few numbers. Did he have the evidence they needed, or not? Sasuke desperately wanted to rid of this case entirely. He wanted to forget about Sakura for a few hours, days, weeks, maybe his whole life. He just didn't want to feel so guilty all the time. Itachi hung up with a smile on his face. He waved to the old man and walked out towards the police car. 

    "Hello, brother" Itachi grinned happily.  Sasuke turned to face his brother who was grinning ear to ear. Why the hell was he grinning right now? Sasuke rolled his eyes.
"You really are still a teenage boy...I mean you are only 22" Itachi laughed. Sasuke glared at him, then shook his head as if the joke was the unfunniest thing ever. Because it was. Itachi cleared his throat.
    "Ahem, anyway...I've got the password for the surveillance cameras, and I found where Sai lives..so...nothing major." Itachi grinned. 
 "huh..." Sasuke muttered. Everything just happened so quickly...it was almost weird to feel like they were close to catching Sai. At the same time, he felt ready to get rid of this entirely. He wanted to watch Sai rot in jail. 
       "You're such a idiot..." 
- 15 Minutes Later || Police = Everywhere - 

There had to be at least 5 police cars.  They were scattered behind Sai's house, in front of it, and near the store right across the street from it. Itachi and Sasuke blindly drove past their house, not even knowing that Sai was right there in front of them. Deidara was clung to Itachi's arm as the three men watched Sai blabber a bunch of bullshit about how he was innocent. There was way too much evidence that tied him to this, who the hell did he think he was fooling?! The crowd silently watched as two police officers practically dragged Sai.
     "Don't f*cking touch me!" Sai screamed. Jansen, one of the police officers that was pulling Sai out of the house stopped. He kicked Sai in the face.
   "Get up, now!" Jansen barked. Sai immediately stopped screaming. Diyza, the other officer turned a bright red. That kick looked like it hurt especially since blood started oozing out of his nose, and a bloody tooth was lying on the ground. Jansen pulled him up by his cuffs. Sai started walking. 
     "Good" Jansen smirked. Diyza, on the other hand, looked like he was about to burst with questions.  Jansen had earned himself yet another fanboy within the station. Everyone loved him, he was adored as the strongest officer. Itachi, an Uchiha obviously saw him as a threat. The raven sat at second best and very much most feared. Itachi was okay with a little competition for now though. 
      "We did it! We did it!" Deidara chanted. Everyone turned to face the only loud-mouthed blonde that was here at the moment. 
 "Shh!"
"Be quiet blondie"
"Typical." His fellow officers rolled their eyes. Wrong timing? Yea, very wrong. 3 other police officers came out with 2 girls. They had bruises all over their bodies. One of the girls looked way more beaten up than the other, she had a gash in her shoulder, cut marks everywhere, and a big cut on her lip. The other wasn't bruised as much. The two were wrapped in bloody sheets from Sai's bedroom. Everybody watched in horror. The two girls clung to each other, crying. 
    They were escorted to ambulance truck. 

Finally. Things were over. These girls that the news falsely reported as 'dead' were long from dead. In fact, police would go on to search the entire house and find 3 more girls, trapped. The first two were Zima and Flor. Zima was an african-American college student studying her major in art. Flor was also a college student studying art. From what police put together, they were lovers. The three others were identified as  Alicia, Alama, and Amaia roverez. Triplets that had been missing for over 3 years. Somehow Sai got his filthy hands on them. 
Sai was sentenced second-degree murder, rape of an underage girl, and kidnapping. He got 6 25 year sentences. He would die in prison many many years later. 

(YALL I LITERALLY FORGOT ABOUT KIBA COMPLETELY. WERE GONNA ACT LIKE HE WAS NEVER HERE LMAO) 

But for now, let's focused on the present situation. 

Sasuke was home! The raven opened the door, it was pitch black. He turned his phone on to look at the time, it was only 6:56. Usually, Naruto would be awake right now. Sasuke tiptoed upstairs, towards their room.  He found Naruto with 2 cartons of ice cream, and a pack of cookies on his lap. The blonde was crying. 
     "The hell are you crying fo-"
"Be quiet!" Naruto sniffed. Sasuke looked at the tv, then smiled. That idiot was crying over a cheesy rom-com. Naruto rubbed his red eyes. It was official, Naruto was a dork. 
      "Love you too" Sasuke rolled his eyes playfully. He made his way over to the bathroom and shut the door. He'd gotten justice for his wife. Now it was time to let her rest, time to move on. 

  "Sleep well" 

------------------------------------