(18) Be careful

After hours of searching the entire house, Deidara and Itachi didn't find anything. Not one clue that could tie Karin Uzumaki and Nikko to the murder of Sakura Uchiha. Everything was taken to the lab, including the notebook Itachi found. Which he hadn't yet got the chance to look through. The two were finally finished rummaging through the entire set of closets, and shoes. Nothing.
Absolutely nothing. Sighing, Itachi stood up.
"Dei...I didn't find anything, you?" Itachi examined. Deidara shook his head.
"The only thing I found was a few notebooks, but they were painted over. In black." Deidara huffed. The man plopped down onto the floor in utter defeat. Not daring to speak anymore on the tiring subject. Which Itachi seemed to want to talk about.
"Well, I suppose we should head back to the station." Itachi yawned. Jolting up, Deidara followed him silently. The two exited the door, making sure to keep the key with them. Itachi let his thoughts process. It was pretty clear that those masks were important. Their luminous, their faces grew pale. Especially that Karin girl who seemed to have 'no clue'. All of his questions would be answered in a few days.

He hoped.

--
After Naruto fled to work, Sasuke was left at home to linger around and think. Just think about the thoughts that wouldn't leave his brain. The thoughts of his throat being sliced open by Sai or Naruto, his lover being killed in the hands of him. Neither seemed too pleasant to him. But the thought of Sai still being loose lingered in his mind. There was no turning around from the fact that Karin had indeed killed his wife Sakura, or had something to do with it. Karin was also a prime suspect in Sasuke's little investigation. What was her motive? Last he checked his late wife had no clue about them knowing each other. Sighing, he shook his head.
Karin... what was so important about her name? Something about her made Sasuke's mind...just buzz. But that was something he'd have to think about later. Right now, he had to prepare the funeral for his wife.
Not to mention rekindling with his brother. Sasuke picked up the phone. His hands becoming oddly sweaty.
"Siri, call my 'Mothers firstborn' " Sasuke muttered into his phone. An Australian woman responded. Then the eery sound of the phone ringing rang loudly in his ear. How would Itachi react to his sudden call?

-- oOo --
"Did you guys find anything?!" Itachi questioned one of the lab workers. The lady turned to face Itachi with a bright smile. Her brown eyes shined. The news had to be good.

"Actually. I looked through the notebook from Karin Uzumaki, and I think you should take a look at this notebook...it has some interesting things in it." She handed the notebook to Itachi. Who quickly opened it. The pages looked old and ripped. Itachi flipped through them, the information was intriguing.

𝐒𝐚𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝.

𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡. 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞..𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭. 𝐎𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲.

There were certainly many many more, but some stood out to the raven. What was the 'Hunch', and how did she really know Sai? His answers were quickly being questioned the more he flipped through the book. Karin quickly explained how she met Sai and her huge crush on this Nikko guy. The suspicions she had were matching up fairly to his. Which made Itachi even more suspicious. But he quickly hid his focused face with a small smile to the lady.
"Thank you."
"I'm going to go read through this if you don't...mind." Itachi's smiled brightened. The lady nodded with a bright red face, clearly flustered. She swept her hijab back and quickly stalked off to the other side of the lab.

---

𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? 𝐀𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐡?
𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩.
𝐈𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬. 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 '𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡' 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞'𝐬 𝐒𝐚𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐨. 𝐀𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬. 𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. Sadly I will probably never know since Choi wasn't there to witness the scene. But I could certainly hear. Not that this would get me far anywhere.

"Sai...I don't want to do this." I heard Ino groan. Sai snickered loudly. His words were muffled and didn't sound completely English either. Which only entertained my wild thoughts even more. What was Sai up to? I threw the blanket off of me and crawled out of the tent. Making sure to bear craw, which prevented them from seeing me. The back of their tent was the easiest way to eavesdrop.
"Sai I can't kill her." Ino's voice grew shaky. Almost inaudible. But Sai kept mumbling that stupid half English language of his. Ino obviously had a clue about it, but that wasn't my biggest concern right now.
"You can't tell me what to-" He slapped her. A loud thud came from the ground. Somebody was shifting on the ground. Small moans came out of someone's mouth, but nothing happened. It just went... silent. The eery feeling of someone watching me lingered. I knew something was up, but why I didn't say anything will always confuse me. "

This may seem hard to you readers but is actually quite simple. Here. I'll tell you what is going to happen. As the writer, I already know. And I'm sure you do.

Someone 𝗪𝗔𝗦 watching Karin Uzumaki on that night. The night that would bring justice to Sakura Haruno, and closure to the entire family.