(15) Conviction?

All the clues added up. Sasuke's face was entirely pale no emotion was being shown whatsoever. Naruto looked at him with a sad and sorrowful look. Everything felt like it was crumbling, who would be the next to die? Hot, streamy tears fell down Naruto's face.
"so you're telling me...Karin had no balls to tell me and Sasuke about sak- the girl's death?' Naruto looked down at his feet. He couldn't comprehend what was going on right now. Why did Karin kill Sakura? Did they even know each other? Tsunade nodded.
"I'm sorry kid...on the bright side the police already found the weapon. It's being taken to the lab right now. " Tsunade spoke for Karin. Fury filled Sasuke's heart. Memories he'd spent with Sakura came flooding back in a terrible, violent way. He lost a part of him.
"Alright...thanks Tsunade" Sasuke sighed.
"WE'LL be leaving now." Sasuke ushered Tsunade out of the room. Once she left, he locked the door. He closed his eyes. Preparing for the worst.
"Listen Naruto...I have to tell you something.

--
And he did. He told Naruto about their sexual relationships before whatever 'relationship' they had going on now. Sasuke explained that he was cheating on Sakura who was cheating on him with Sai. Something about Karin didn't add up to him either. So he told Naruto about that too. Who agreed.
"There's no way Sai wouldn't get up and run off either..." Sasuke put his finger on his lips. Naruto watched him think. The tears of agony and pain-filled he hears. What was he now? Some stupid toy that could easily be thrown away? The blonde was quite aware now wouldn't be the best time to think about this silly relationship but the thought wasn't going to leave his mind anytime soon.
"S-sai...Sai...he sounds familiar..." Naruto muttered. Karin used to tell him stories about her old life. Before she reconnected with the Uzumaki's. Sasuke remembered the time after Sakura and his reconnection. She told him about Sai, but not one word about where the bruises came from. Or whose house she was staying at?
"Something's off...and I think Karin knows" Sasuke announced. Naruto looked astonished.
"I- I don't fucking know!" Naruto growled and threw his body back onto the bed. His brain didn't quite work as quick as Naruto did. His blonde brows wrinkled in frustration.
"All I can think of is.. Sai killed Sakura, but that's a stretch because it leaves Karin out of the picture..which she is clearly in!" Naruto went on a rant about his theories and ideas. Not realizing the small smile on Sasuke's face. This was what Sasuke was thinking, exactly what he was thinking. But was it just Sai who killed her?

- oOo -

"Nikko..." Karin muttered. She turned to face Nikko in the small bed they lay in. Nikko turned to face Karin, his brown skin gleaming with sweat.
"Hm?" Nikko yawned. Karin had a feeling that something terrible was happening. As they spoke. She felt completely sick to her stomach. Everything pointed to Karin. The plan, the camera footage, all of it. Nikko did not have much proof to deny it either.
"If I go to jail..please promise me one thing" Karin sniffled. On the verge of bawling her eyes out. Nikko nodded silently.
"Please...make sure Kushina and Minato re-connect with Naruto it's our only hope to kill Sai without me" She made Nikko swear to do so, and he did. But why? Who were Kushina and Minato to Naruto?
"look at you..you're crazy if you think I'm going to let you go to jail" Nikko laid up in bed. Pulling Karin up with him. Their faces were inches apart. Karin's minty breath was the only thing Nikko could breathe in. Her heart began to beat. Fast.
"look, Karin, I know I effed up in the past, but I'd never let you go down before I do" Nikko touched her cheek. Softly caressing it. Karin nuzzled into his touch, smiling small.
"I-i- know...I'm just scared. I want the same thing you do..I'm sure all of us do. But I'm still scared." Karin spoke softly.
"it's going to be alright, I promise..."

Flashback time!
! WARNING! This chapter contains gore, and triggering moments. As well as suicidal thoughts. You've been warned!

---------------
entry #1 1/23/10

We were stuck in the rain again, nowhere near one of those cheap shelters. I found myself with a new group of beings. Including my usual cliche. Choi, Sai, Nikko, Ino, Murasakino, and me. I like calling Murasakino Mura for short. Since it's way easier for me to remember anyways, but onto the 'story', We decided to sleep under some trees, and set up our tents. The tents were already set up, not by me of course. Since I'm writing to you, the reader about the events right now. I happened to find an old diary from a clumsy little kid, so why not use it to my advantage. Me, Mura, and Nikko set inside the first tent. Ino, Sai, and Choi went into the other. It felt awkward being near Nikko. He was like my ultimate crush and I was able to sleep near him!? Do you know how many chicks would DIE to be near Nikko? Anyways, we all said goodnight. I was restless though. The uneasy feeling filling my heart.

I'd have to let my suspicions wait until tomorrow morning...
---
Goodmorning diary! How did you sleep? Good? Well, not me. It was a pretty unsettling night if you ask me. My eyes had to stay open, I had to be alert. I was starving though. Walking out the tent, I found Sai. Hunting for unnecessary food. A small rabbit was hanging off of his knife. Blood dripped down his hands. The closer I got, I realized many rabbits laying dead on the floor. Like some kind of collection.
"Sai! What are you doing!" I reached my arm out to grab the knife, but he was too quick. I remember him turning his hands defensively behind his back.
"G-g-good morning Karin-chan!" Sai smiled playfully. It seemed so fake, and unreal. Then again he barely has shown any real emotions so this was the best I'd ever get. I nervously waved.
"so um...what do you need all these rabbits for?!" He simply blinked at me. Like I was a complete idiot. The freak. Like I'd ever been the freak in the situation, that wacko looked ridiculous! A bit creepy if you wanted my true opinion. Suddenly, a weird smile appeared on his face. It curved like one of those evil cartoon villains.
"Ohh! These? I'm using these for my next sacrifice!" Sai smiled and disappeared into the trees.

Weird...
---
Entry #2 (before I got diary)

There was another hard slap coming to my face. My cousin, Kushina decided it was a great idea to hit me for making out with a female. Blood rushed out of my nose, I stared up at her with fury.
"Don't touch me Kushina! I'll kill you!" My voice croaked as I screamed. As loud as I could. Can anybody hear me? Was I trapped in this hell hole forever? I refused to be her little 'toy' for the longest just to bring happiness to the Uzumaki Name. She also knew about Nikko. Kushina finally stopped. She already hurt me enough, but I could tell my night was nowhere near over.

"Karin, you- get out!"