(23) I really do love you pt.1

10

"Who is this!?!" Itachi slammed the pictures down onto the metal table. The dim light shone on Karin's sweaty, pale face. She looked down at the picture of her and her dearest friends. Then at the raven's who wore his usual creepy smile.
"We don't have all day Uzumaki!" Itachi pressed his finger down on the man's face.
"Why do you want to know?" Karin sneered. Her half-lidded eyes shut close. She sighed heavily.
"You're such an ass." Itachi rolled his eyes and pulled out his second pack of cigarettes. Karin snatched them out his hand vigorously. She opened the pack, and swiftly put a cig in between her lips. Then Itachi leaned forward with his lighter and lit it.

Okay, back to business.

"So what were you sayin' again?" Karin huffed. When did the girl suddenly become a complete idiot? She was nothing like this on the first time Itachi and Deidara interrogated her.
"What's his name?" Itachi's patience was running low, he wasn't about to play along with this girl's stupid game.
"Ohh him!?" Karin wheezed, and slide the cigarettes out of her mouth. Holding it between her fingers, she examined it like it was some kind of metal.
"His name is Sai...he's a psycho I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't kill her" Karin shrugged. So his name was Sai. Sai the psycho eh?
"He killed animals, he abused his girlfriend, the blonde in the picture?" Karin pointed her sweaty finger to the girl with the blonde hair. "Yea, that's the one that was dead in the bus"
"Stay here," Itachi muttered and got up out of his seat. Outside the door was Deidara, who already finished his little 'talk' with Nikko. Which was more of him punching Nikko's guts out until the information was entirely out?
"Soo. What did you figure out?" Deidara cocked his head to the side. Itachi sighed.
"His name is Sai. I'm sure he's in the system" Itachi bit his lip in thought.
"But...What was his motive for killing Sakura?" Itachi looked down at Deidara. Deidara puffed out his chest proudly.
"Nikko admitted to kidnapping her, and he planned on getting information out of her but... y' know this Sai character got to her first." Deidara twirled the stuck out piece from his messy bun. He tended to do this when he was nervous and or thinking deeply. Very deeply. Which he doesn't exactly do very often, but hey things change right?
"It's so obvious" Deidara shook his head.
"Sai knew Sakura beforehand, this was revenge of some sort." Deidara smiled brightly. Itachi looked at him, then smiled.
"See you aren't so dumb!" Itachi clapped the blonde's back and walked back into the room with Karin.

Things would be finally coming to an end.
--------

"Noo!" Naruto turned his head. Sasuke's armed were wrapped around Naruto's waist. He leaned in to kiss the blonde's neck.
"Then say it" Sasuke looked at Naruto who was a burning red hue.
"Why are you lookin' at me like that?" Naruto's eyes wandered around the room. Something about his raspy little voice was the cutest thing ever to Sasuke.
"What else?!" Sasuke rolled his eyes playfully. The last few days have been worry-free. Sasuke had planned a "Funeral" for Sakura, without her body. So it was really just a remembrance of her legacy and the good she did. He hadn't received any response from Itachi after asking him several times if he would attend, but nonetheless it wasn't about him. It was about Sakura, Sakura Uchiha. His wife. The trial the murder Karin and Nikko committed would be starting next month, April 3rd. (We're going to skip ahead so pretend its March 14th) Besides the sudden breakdown of emotions on Naruto's part, everything was fine. The blonde just got really really REALLY emotional, who wouldn't? Holding in such a secret would fuck with anyone's brain. The little things that Naruto did like running to the bathroom daily to "Freshen up" or when he'd crave random things. They finally made sense now.

"Sasuke?!" Naruto furrowed his brows. Sasuke had been staring at him intently. It was a little creepy.
"I- uh- my b-bad.." Sasuke blushed. He unraveled himself from Naruto. Just as his phone began to ring. He turned his body to face the drawer across from Naruto's bed. He climbed off the bed, and sprinted toward the phone.

"Hello?"

---
Itachi hung up the phone and turned to face his partner, who was sucking on a green apple-flavored lollipop.
"Do you have to make so much noise when you eat?" Itachi smiled. Deidara smiled back.
"Yesh ish runs in a family"

"You're such an idiot, do you know that?" Itachi sat down on the wooden chair next to Deidara's desk.
"Yes, you've been reminding me. Last I checked I've been solving 95% of the mysteries here. Not you, Mr. Uchiha" Deidara pulled the saliva filled lollipop out of his mouth while pointing it directly at Itachi.
"Instead you've been walking around the place like you're gonna tear all the precious hair out of your scalp" Deidara bit his lip. Then he opened it as if he were about to say something.
"say it"
"You really want me to say it" Deidara looked up at the ceiling. Itachi nodded eagerly. His undivided attention was on Deidara.

"Ita I think I'm in love with someone...but they're so fucking hard to figure out!"
"It's like..he's some kind of Star, and I'm desperately trying to study his movements" A star. That's how Deidara looked at Itachi as, but he couldn't see it. Itachi wasn't gay. His heart just happened to beat for Deidara occasionally.
"Really now? Who's this mystery person, I'd like to meet him!" Itachi said a little bit more harsh than intended. A fake smile appeared on the raven's face. He was happy for Deidara. The man was finally moving on, this is a good thing right?
"W-well, you've already met him before..." Deidara played with his fingers nervously. Rage came over Itachi.
"Diyza!?! Why him, he's not even good enough for you- he doesn't.." Itachi rambled on about why Diyza wasn't good enough to have him again. He was absolutely right, but this wasn't the mystery guy. Not this time. Not ever. The raven stood up in his chair and stalked over to Deidara. His face was close to Deidara's. The raven could practically smell his green-apple breath.
"Calm down-"
"He can't have you" Itachi cut him off eagerly. Deidara looked puzzled for a quick second. Which faded into a lopsided smile, and the brightest red cheeks ever. Itachi's were starting to turn a deep red as well.
"And why not?!" Deidara cupped Itachi's cheeks in his hands. Itachi put his hands over Dei's.
"Because.."

"Because of what?!"

Itachi's head hung. He was tricked. Tricked into admitting the truth that we, the spectators knew from day 1. He fell hard for this man without even knowing he was falling. The raven's life had brightened from the moment they were assigned as partners. The moment Deidara slept in the very bed he did..it was all destined to happen.
"You're good. I'll give you that" Deidara giggled.

"I really...really do love you"

PT 1