Chapter 28: Aching Hearts

(Prince and Capo)

Chapter 28: Aching Hearts

Seven (Precious)

Walking into the church, I glanced over to my left to Kay holding Sariyah closely to her chest. Kay had on a black high low dress with a pair of black, opened toed heels that wrapped around the ankle. Her hair was pulled up high in a bun. My hair was down straight with a part in the middle. I wore a black, long sleeve dress that was fitted and it reached my ankles with a pair of black, red bottoms on my feet. I dressed Sariyah in a black onesie with pink leggings, black booties and a pink hat.

I smiled seeing her sleeping so peacefully because she had been keeping me up all night. Usually Zane would come late at night and put her to sleep. That didn't happen last night and I wondered if it was because of his wife not liking it, or because of the way our relationship was.

"Wassup, girls?" Zed greeted us with a smile as he walked over to us.

"Hey, Zed." We both replied.

He was dressed up in a black, Calvin Klein suite with the black, alligator shoes. His caramel skin looked like it was glowing under the extreme bright lights in the place, and he had on his glasses today.

"Y'all look lovely." He smiled, dusting off his shoulders.

We both giggled at his silliness.

"You lookin' good too, Twin." Kay complimented, slightly bouncing Sariyah in her arms.

"Yes, you do. Now, where is your sorry excuse of a brotha?" I asked sarcastically.

I scanned the area behind him to see dozens of crowds of people. Capo had a big family.

"He should be coming in now." Zed replied, looking down at the black, diamond encrusted Rolex on his left wrist.

I looked over my shoulder, getting caught up in the view of my fine ass baby daddy walking in looking like a million dollars. A gray, Armani suite was nicely ironed onto his back and a pair of black, Gucci loafers were on his feet. Pinky rings, silver chains and a nice, fat silver, Rolex was posted up on his right wrist. I bit down on my bottom lip and Kay nudged me in my side.

"We are at church, Precious. Get it together." She sternly whispered in my ear.

I cleared my throat and dropped my eyes to the ground as we briefly locked eyes with each other.

"Here he come." Kay said in a hushed tone.

"Hello, family." Zane greeted, clasping his hands together in front of him.

"Wassup, nigga." Zed and Kay both said in unison, smiling at him.

"Precious, you look lovely." Zane told me.

His eyes drank me in and I nearly fainted.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I sighed, trying to be nice for Capo.

I know he wouldn't want us fighting.

"And Daddy's Princess." He smiled, leaning over to kiss Sariyah on her cheek.

I smiled because even though we were not on good terms, I knew that Zane wouldn't ever abandon Sariyah. He loved her more than anything in this world and I had to respect him for that.

"Baby. Did you lock up the car before we walked over here?" The soft voice of a woman asked as she walked over to us.

I diverted my attention away from him to his wife that was walking up behind him. She stopped and her eyes immediately fell upon Zed. I looked over at Kay and we both looked over at Zed who was staring back at Zane's wife. I pried at Zane and he had his eyes trained onto me. Clearing my throat and the whining of Sariyah coming out of her sleep, snapped everyone's attention back to normal.