Chapter 14: Show Me (Pt. 2)

❤️❤️This chapter is dedicated to my girl, MRSaslina1433. Yall follow her and read her books! I'm tellin yall, SHE THE TRUF Fr Fr!! ❤️❤️

(Kayjah)

Chapter 14: Show Me (Pt. 2)

Kay (Kayjah)

"Bye, baby." I said, leaning over the console, pecking Vince's lips.

"Aight, baby girl. Have a good day at work. Don't forget to call me afta you leave the club. I'm not playin'." He warned, pulling back to give me his death stare.

"Okay. Damn. Shut up." I giggled, opening up my door.

Stepping out of his truck, I close the door. I held my purse closely to my side while walking up the steps to my apartment complex. I opened the door and made my way into the stairwell to the third floor. I pulled the door open the third floor and as soon as I did, I looked up to see Zane standing at my door. I furrowed up my eyebrows as to how this nigga knew where I lived.

Before I could even say anything, Seven came out of my apartment with a jogging suit on and her Pink duffel bag in her hand for work. I told her to come to my place earlier to wait for me, so we could go to work together.

She paused, looking at him up. Shock and pain crossed over her face as she gritted her teeth together in anger.

"What the hell you doin' here, Zane?" She asked him.

I stopped dead in my tracks, backing up close to one of the doors of the other apartments to not be seen.

"I-I wanted to come talk to you." He softly said, making it hard for me to hear.

He nervously rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, stuffing his other hand in his front pants pocket.

"There is nothing we have to talk about. I have to get to work. I'll see you, I guess." She said, dismissing him.

She attempted to walk off, but he quickly grabs hold of her wrist.

"Precious, for real. Gimme five minutes, man." He pleaded, looking down at her with sad eyes.

"What could you possibly want to talk about, Zane? How sorry you are for hurtin' me? How you want me back? How you want to start over? Which one? I'm sorry, but the only relationship we will ever have is a business one, and if you ain't talkin' money, I don't wanna talk." She spat, shaking her head slightly.

She bit down on her bottom lip as it quivered and her face soon started to turn red. I already knew she was about to start crying.

"Prec—"

"It's Seven and I think you should leave." She argued, pulling away from him.

He sighed, looking down at his feet and then back up at her. A tear raced down her cheek, but she quickly turned the other way hoping he didn't see it. Zane leaned down, placing a soft and long kiss on her forehead before walking down my way, passing right by me.

Damn, he ain't even see me.

I quickly made my way down the hall toward her and she looked over at me finally breaking down crying. She ran straight to me with her arms outstretched at her sides.

"Kay, I miss him." She cried, hiccuping into my shirt.

I smoothed her hair back and kissed the top of her head, walking her back into my apartment, closing the door.

"It's okay to miss him, baby. I didn't know that was the Zane you were talkin' about, boo." I said, walking us straight into my room so I could get ready for work.