Chapter 3: Friend Zoned

Kay (Kayjah)

"Nah, Kay. You not leavin' the house wit' that on." Fred said, walking up behind me in the body mirror that was plastered on my wall.

I was wearing a pair of white, jean, high wasted shorts that displayed my many tattoos and a black, gold studded bra with a half, jean jacket that had long sleeves. My hair was curled and black, gold studded, six inch stilettos were on my feet that wrapped around my ankles.

"What you mean I'm not wearin' this? Fred, what happened to do you and I'ma do me? Last time I checked, you had a bitch and I ain't have no man." I reminded him, applying some clear lipgloss to my lips.

"Kay, what I say?" He asked sternly.

I snapped my head around, looking at him.

"Chill all that out. You da bestfriend. Not my daddy or my man. Damn, Fred. What's wrong wit' you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Nothin'. I'll be downstairs. Hurry the fuck up." He huffed, storming out of my room.

"What the hell." I said, shaking my head from side to side and grabbing my purse.

I finally had a day off of all my jobs after three weeks and I was going to this party that Fred was dragging me too. He was lucky I got to sleep in tomorrow because I just had my job at the strip club, Urban Dreams. Thena was at Ms. Falon's house with Tiffany.

I walked out of my room, closing my door and headed over to the front door. I locked it up and rushed downstairs to see Fred leaning up against the passenger door of his truck on his phone. He opened the door for me and I got it, slamming the door closed.

"Don't slam my fuckin' doors!" He yelled, getting in the truck and slamming his door.

"Shut up!" I yelled, pulling out my phone and texting my little hoe, Dee and my bitch, Mesha.

From: Dee Nasty😏

I wanna see you tomorrow night. You gone give me my dance?

To: Dee Nasty😏

Of course, Daddy. I wouldn't be me, if I didn't get a lil' nasty😂😉

From: Day1💋💯😻

You goin' to my party next week?

To: Day1💋💯😻

I gotta see when I'm off again.

"Lose the fuckin' attitude. I don't need Kandi all down my neck about why I'm mad." He said, starting the car and pulling off.

"That sounds like a personal problem." I said, texting away.

"Who you textin'?" He asked and I looked at him like he had two heads.

"You got me fucked up. Shut up. Don't talk to me. You just tried to hoe me. Now, you can talk to the hand. 'Cause the face don't understand." I rapped, rolling my neck at him.

"You made that shit up in the eighth grade and I clowned the fuck out you." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him, over his bullshit.

"No, nigga. That shit is tight." I said, locking my phone.

"No liiiiiike shit. You thought." He said, making me laugh.

"Whateva. Who party are we going to?" I asked, curiously.

"Even if I were to tell you, you still wouldn't know who I'm talkin' 'bout." He said, chuckling and turning on the radio.

YG's Love Jones blared throughout the car and I sung along. This man was so sexy in so many ways. Prince looked just like him, but he didn't think so. I rolled my eyes at the thought of that nigga. He got on my fucking nerves.

Fred looked over at me out of the corner of his eye and grabbed my hand. I thought about snatching my hand away from him, but I left it there. He was just my bestfriend. Nothing more.