Chapter 25: Unexpected

(Seven)

Chapter 25: Unexpected

TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOOTING

Zane

"Let me holla at you fo' a second." I said to Michelle, grabbing her hand.

I led her over by the bar from the stage.

"Damn, Z. I'm working. What are you doing here anyway?" She snapped, snatching her arm away from me.

"Fuck you mean what am I doin' here?! Your ass is supposed to be at the fuckin' crib! I pay for every-muthafuckin'-thing! You don't need no fuckin' job especially not this one! I don't—"

"Nigga I don't need your money! It's a problem for me to have this job, but your whack ass baby mama has the same damn job! I bet you didn't know I knew about her, and y'all baby!" She interrupted me, yelling and pointing in my face.

I jerked my head back, looking at her like she had grown two heads.

"You showin' out for the wrong people, my baby. I don't give a fuck about the shit you found out. You still gone be wit' me 'cause of yo' petty ass Daddy, so you sound fuckin' dumb." I countered, glaring at her.

"This arranged marriage shit is fuckin' bullshit!" She yelled, hitting me in my chest. "I don't even love you!"

"That's why I'm glad I only got six more months wit' you, bum bitch!" I hissed, bumping past her.

"Not if I don't agree to divorce, you won't! You just wanna be wit' that whack bitch and y'all retarded ass baby!" She screamed.

Her words halted my steps in an instant. I turned around on my heels and walked up to her. Wrapping my arm around her shoulders, I pulled her close to my chest. Michelle trembled in my hold and I smirked, leaning into her ear.

"Disrespect my woman and my muthafuckin' child again, baby and I will personally make that pretty lil face of yours unrecognizable. Try me if you think I'm playin' hoe. I will make you disappear." I threatened, giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Tears welled in her eyes as she bit down on her bottom lip in angst. I gave her one last look before walking away.

* * *

Fred

"Fred!" I heard my crazy ass girlfriend yell behind me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes and quickly sent a prayer up to God to give me strength. I picked up the glass of Casamigos I was sipping on, and downed the rest.

"Why you ain't answer my calls?" She asked, stepping in between my legs with her hands on her hips.

"Hey baby. I'm good. How are you?" I sarcastically asked, placing my hands at her waist.

I gave her a tight lipped smile, feigning ignorance.

"Fred. I am not in the mood for your shitty ass games right now. I have been trying to call you and you have not been answering. It's important." She whined, stomping her foot.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. Now what is so important that you had to come all the way down here to tell me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows up at her.

"I'm pregnant." She smiled timidly biting down on her bottom lip.

I sat speechless unable to form words. I always wanted kids. I just never imagined my baby's mother being Kandi. I loved Kandi, but our relationship was so rocky and complicated that bringing in a baby would probably make or break things for us. Her smile dropped into a frown at my silence and lack of affection. Her eyes misted over and that did tweak my heart.