Chapter 6: Times Like These

(Kayjah)

Chapter 6: Times Like These

Prince (Vincent)

"Bitch, your ugly!" Zane yelled at Zed, hitting him with a pillow from my couch.

"Nigga! We are twins! We look exactly the same!" Zed yelled back at him.

"What is y'all bitchin' about anyway?" I asked, flicking through the movie channels on the TV.

"This bitch stole my hoe from last night. The bitch was so bad, man." Zed complained, shaking his head.

"Zane, don't you gotta bitch anyway?" Capo asked from in the kitchen.

He was in there whipping up something good to eat for us. The man wanted to be a famous cook one day. I was proud of him and I would support him hundred percent because that was my day one. I didn't want him doing this drug thing all his life. We all had to better ourselves some point in our lives.

"That's besides the point, Prince. I didn't have a girlfriend last night." Zane said, annoyed.

"So you do have a bitch, but you just don't care? Yous a hoe. At least do what you want without hurting somebody else in the process, man." I shook my head, selecting the movie Friday to watch on TV.

"Nigga, what she don't know won't hurt her ass and she don't know." Zane laughed.

"Wow. And I thought I was an asshole." I shook my head, and grabbed my ringing phone from off my coffee table in front of me.

"Talk ta me." I said.

"Buzz me in, nigga." Fred told me on the other line.

I heavily sighed, getting up. I walked straight ahead to the door and pressed the gate button that I had installed on the wall. A few minutes later, he came in and I smiled, dapping him up.

"What up, nigga? You aight from last night?" I asked, patting his back.

I released him and we walked back into the living room with the rest of the crew.

"Man, Kandi ass ain't good for me at all." He shook his head, sitting on the couch diagonal from me that didn't face the stairs.

"I been told you ta leave her ass alone." Sammy shook his head.

"Yeah, but what's been—"

"Vincent! Where the fuck are my clothes?!" Kay yelled, running down the steps.

Everyone looked over at her crazy tailed self and I sighed, looking her over. Even seeing her just waking up in the morning took my breath away. Her hair was pulled up on top of her head in a messy bun and a few strands of hair were framing her pretty face in the front. She still had the white shirt I put on her last night and it looked so good on her.

"Damn, Prince. That's you?" Zane asked, receiving a glare from me.

"Keep yo' hoe ass over there and Kay, go put on some damn clothes." I commanded, watching her cheeks turn deep red.

She quickly turned around and ran back up the steps, but in the process, the back of her shirt lifted up showcasing the white, g-string she had on.

"Bruh." Sammy dramatically said, falling back on the couch beside me with his hand over his forehead.

"What the hell Kay doin' here?" Fred asked, looking over at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"It's a long story, man. I'll tell you later." I told him, trying to actually enjoy the movie.