Chapter 23: Don't Tell 'Em

Prince (Vincent)

"Nah, man. You fucked up and you know it. Just admit it." Fred laughed, practically falling on the floor.

We were chilling at the warehouse waiting for everybody to get there so we could get this meeting started before we have to do this mission tonight. It had already been six hours and I missed the hell out of Kay. She wasn't returning any of my calls and I didn't know what else to do.

"Nigga, shut the fuck up." I mumbled, waving him off.

"You just mad 'cause you ain't the only one that has gotten a piece of Kay!" He spat rudely.

My neck nearly snapped off the way I turned to look at him. My eyebrows dipped in angst and my trigger finger itched immediately.

"What?!" I barked, lounging over at him.

Instantly I was held back by Zed and Capo. The room grew silent and all eyes were on us.

"Hey Hey. Hey. Y'all need to chill the fuck out." Capo said, patting me on my back.

I harshly shrugged these niggas off and went down to my office.

Kay wouldn't do no shit like that. She just wouldn't. Not my baby girl.

"Aye, Prince. Everyone is here except Kay. She already know what she gotta do, so let's go. I'll call her." Capo announced while coming into my office.

I was staring into space thinking about Kay with a wood burning slowly between my fingers.

"Nah. I'll call her." I replied, pulling out my phone.

I sighed heavily before standing to my feet and walking with him back into the game room. Everybody was seated around the room on the couches, talking. I clicked on Kay's contact and it rang two times before going straight to voicemail.

"She need to stop fuckin' playin' wit' me!" I yelled, roughly sliding my phone back into my back pocket.

"I'll call her." Capo said, taking out his phone, calling her and putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey, Capo." Kay greeted him on the first fucking ring.

"Hey, baby girl. You comin' down to the warehouse for the meetin' before the mission?" He asked her.

"Yes, of course. I'll be there in five, and Capo?" She asked, sounding uneasy.

I furrowed my eyebrows up at her tone of voice and looked at Capo.

"Yeah?" He asked, shrugging his shoulders at me.

"Tell Vincent to lose my number. The only thing we got to talk about is my money and he can tell you everything that he has to tell me." She told him, hanging up the phone.

"Daaaaaaaamn." Zane said, wide eyed.

"Shut the hell up. Why you always gotta say somethin'?" Sevens asked in angst.

"Damn, Seven. Give me a break will ya?" He asked defensively.

"Nope. Not until you crawl under a rock and—"