Chapter 27: Games

(Sammy)

Chapter 27: Games

Prince (Vincent)

"Prince. We need to have a meetin', man." Sam said as he knocked on my office door that was ajar.

Blowing the smoke out from my wood, I looked up at him. He looked troubled.

"Wassup, nigga? You good?" I asked, taking another pull of the weed.

"Gold wants us all to come down to New Mexico. The whole crew." He shared, walking up to my desk.

"For what? The nigga ain't call me. And when—"

I was interrupted by my burner phone ringing. I took it out my pocket to see it was the nigga Gold calling me.

"Talk to me." I greeted.

"Wassup my best guy. How's life?" Gold chimed.

"I ain't gone complain. What's up wit' you?" I asked, handing Sam the wood.

"Me neither, nigga. I wanted y'all to come down to celebrate. My Boss Day is comin' up and y'all invited." Gold told me.

"That's wassup, ma nigga. When?" I asked, looking at Sam.

"In five days, but y'all come early before Wednesday." He urged.

"Aight. We got you my, G. One." I replied.

"Aight. Hunnit." He said, disconnecting the call.

Sam passed me back the wood and I stole a pull from it. I inhaled the drug deeply, letting the smoke resonate in my lungs.

"So it's Saturday. Tomorrow Capo funeral, so we all can leave on either Monday or Tuesday." I told Sam, shaking my head.

I couldn't believe two weeks had passed since Capo's death. Tomorrow we were burying my brother and I was numb. I took another pull from the wood and put the tail out in a black ashtray on my desk.

"Aight. Sounds good. When you tellin' everyone?" Sam questioned.

He walked over to the door and turned to me, awaiting my answer.

"Tomorrow. After the funeral." I said.

"Aight. I'll holla." He told me before walking out.

       "What the hell do you want, Prince?" Diamond asked, with her front door cracked open.

"Not you. Go get my daughta." I scoffed, looking past her in the house.

"Well she isn't h—"

"Daddy!" Ary squealed, running past Diamond.

I cut my eyes at Diamond as Aryana jumped into the air. I caught her with the quickness, placing her on my shoulders.

"Hey, baby girl. How's Daddy's Princess?" I asked Aryana with my eyes glued on Diamond.

"I'm good, Daddy. You okay?" Aryana giggled, leaning on the top of my head.

I finally torn my eyes away from Diamond, ignoring the dumbfounded look on her face.

"That's good, and I'm aight, baby girl. How's school? What you learnin'?" I questioned Aryana.

"Great! I learned two times two equals four, Daddy!" She told me.

I chuckled, holding up my hand to give her a high five.

"That's my girl." I smiled as I took her down from my shoulders.