13| Thanks For The Memories

Start from the beginning

Samantha took off her sweater and went back to kissing him. She lifted his shirt, and he didn't resist this time. She dropped his shirt on the floor and touched his naked chest, tracing his tattoos with her index finger. Sam examined the symbols and moved, kissing his neck.

Ray moved closer and kissed her shoulder, her bra strap slipped away. He kissed Sam's neck, and jawline, and kept going until he reached her lips again.

His hands felt a little shaky as he took her breast in his hand and stroked it. Her hand stayed in his hair as she moved her hips from him, their lips remained together. She moved her hands to his lower abdomen and gripped the buckle of his pants, Ray hissed from her actions.

"Sam," he spoke, still kissing her.

"Ray." Sam unbuckled his pants, sliding her hand lower.

"We should stop," he said, kissing her collarbone.

"Do we?" She placed her hands on his bare shoulders and peered at him.

Samantha felt so light up, feeling his bare skin on hers appeared thrilling. Raymond looked at her and put the bra strap back in place, stroking her tattooed shoulder.

"Is there something wrong?" Sam asked, and Ray wrinkled his forehead. "I mean, every time I'm trying to get you naked, you pull away." She bit her bottom lip. Seeing his naked chest didn't help to calm down.

He moved closer and held her face in his palms. "I want you, I really, really do. I don't want to rush this," he said, still panting.

"So. I'm going on tour with you is normal, but having sex right now would be rushing?" She lifted her eyebrow, her voice remained shaky.

"I will explain everything, but you have to put your shirt back on," Ray said, Sam parted her lips to oppose his suggestion. "I mean, your boobs are distracting me, I can't work out a normal sentence." He lifted his dark eyes, looking at her.

"Really?" She smiled playfully, leaning closer to him. He stared at her breast for a moment.

"Please?" He raised his eyes again and gazed at her.

"Oh, alright," Samantha said in a frustrated tone. She climbed off of Ray and put on her sweater. Soon she tossed him his t-shirt.

"Thank you," he said with a smirk. Sam sat down beside him on the bed. "This is going to be embarrassing to tell you." His cheeks held a pinkish tone as he put his shirt back on.

"Go on." Sam motioned with her arm.

"I was a dork in school. I mean, Harry Potter books and long hair didn't add points with the girls," he said. "So, my first time happened when I was eighteen." He turned red and looked away from her. "To keep this story short, I had sex with two girls until now." Ray glanced at her.

"Why would you be embarrassed about that?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I don't know. I'm a lead singer in the rock band, and people assume I am a man-whore." He shook his head.

"Who cares what people think?" She placed her palm on his abdomen.

"To properly end this story, I want to add. Since we became popular, there are a lot of girls who make suggestions to me about sex. I'm not interested in sleeping around, and having sex with someone, first, I have to trust that person," Ray said and reached for her arm.

"So, that means you don't trust me?" Sam asked, returning his action, taking his palm into hers.

"In certain ways, I do. But Courtney betrayed me so badly, and it took a long time to figure out that. It's just hard for me to believe in someone new," Ray explained and lifted her hand, settling it on his cheek. "I know it's not fair to you, and I'm working on my trust issues." He glanced at her.

"Thank you for sharing," Sam smiled and kissed him. "So, what did she do to you?"

Raymond parted his lips to talk, but his phone rang. "It's Logan. I have to take this," he quickly said and stood up from the bed.

Raymond's brother called because the band members waited downstairs in the car. Purple Rain was going to San Diego to film a new music video. They came to pick up Ray, and they were leaving Los Angeles that evening.

Ray got dressed and left Sam's apartment soon after the phone call. For the first time in three days, she went to the balcony and witnessed Raymond's Impala, leaving the building's sidewalk.

After Ray left, and Molly was still at work, Sam decided to have a bubble bath. She took both phones with her and a book to keep her occupied and relaxed. It didn't take long for her to go into her rethinking mode.

Ray seemed honest about his sex life she should've told him about Tom. This was not the first time Sam decided to stay away from her former boyfriend, but every time he draws her back in. That's why she didn't tell Raymond about her first love. She will, but first, Sam needs to see Tom, and like always, Sam will know if Ray and she have a solid chance. Sam liked Raymond, and after Tom's visit and before that first date, she will tell him everything.

Sam heard a phone ring. She drifted to sleep while thinking about the past few days. Samantha opened her eyes. All the bubbles disappeared, and the water felt cold. She lifted her phone and peered at the screen as her uncle John's name displayed on the screen.

She answered and finished the phone call quickly. Afterward, Sam washed accurately and left the bathroom. She sat on the bed with a towel wrapped around her head and dressed in a black silk bathrobe. Samantha looked at the windows. Can Scott see through my bedroom window? Probably not. But she still closed the blinds, just in case.

Her uncle called for the loan. It was the second time he asked for a loan since Sam inherited the money. She knew it wasn't a loan. More like she gave him the money he was supposed to get. Samantha often felt bad for accepting the inheritance because more people in that family planned to get rich from Michael's death and she didn't. So she would give John money to not feel so guilty. Michael expected she would be more reliable.

"For my sons, I have to tell you I love you. One of you used my money and built a glorious business, and I'm proud of you, Richard. You, John, never appreciated my good heart, and when I cut you off, you just used your mother's love for you. That's why my dear Rose agreed that our entire wealth should go to my sweet Samantha. She will know what to do, and she deserves it. You, my dear sons, will have to accept that." Michael's voice played in her mind.

Michael expected her to be smarter, but Sam couldn't be the reason her uncle's dry cleaning business would fail. With these memories, she went to sleep.

 With these memories, she went to sleep