13| Thanks For The Memories

Start from the beginning

Sam left him and rushed to the kitchen, getting a towel to wipe access water from the jar. Soon she got back, Ray rested on the right side of the bed, eating the desert. She lifted the kitchen rag. A small sigh left her lips.

"I wiped the water with my T-shirt," he said. Sam went to bed. She rested on her stomach, taking another spoon in her hand. She tossed the kitchen towel on the bedside table.

"Why would you do that?" she asked and scooped a piece of ice cream.

"Oh, she warned me about the order in this apartment," he said with a chuckle, holding a spoon in his mouth.

"Molly," Sam mumbled, frowning her eyebrows.

"She said nothing too bad, don't worry." He placed a cold spoon on her shoulder.

"So, the cat is out of the bag," Sam grinned.

"Yeah." He laughed. "We didn't finish talking about the trip," he reminded, lifting his eyes from the jar, and peering at her.

"I thought we did," Sam said and looked down at the container.

"Nice try, I've been thinking, and I have a deal to propose,"

What's with the deals and the guys in my life? "Okay, let's hear it," she said and sat down with her legs crossed underneath her.

"After I come back from San Diego, we should go on a proper date. Preferably somewhere else than in this apartment," he said, and Sam furrowed her eyebrows. "I like your home, very much I may add. But I want to take you out on a normal date." His voice sounded wary.

"So this is the deal, you want to take me on a date?" She smiled playfully, placing a spoon between her lips.

"No. I'm taking you out, and after that, you will go on tour with me." He smiled brightly, touching his bottom lip with a spoon.

"No fucking way. So, in other words, if I'm not going on the trip, we won't date at all?" Sam asked, leaving her spoon pinned in the ice cream.

"I phrased that wrong, I think," he said, ashamed. "I mean, we will have time until I'm leaving for the tour. And I think we should see how we would be in public as a couple."

"We are not a couple," she stated and retook the spoon.

"Yes, we are," he said, surprised as a dessert inhibited his voice.

"No, we're not," her tone remained firm.

"I'm not going around town making out with random girls," Ray said, twisting his spoon in a circular motion. "So that means we are a couple," he paused for a moment. "You're my girlfriend." He went back to eating ice cream.

"I'm not doing that either, but I'm not your girlfriend, Ray," she said, raising her eyebrow.

"Okay, then another deal. After the first official date, you will be my girlfriend."

Should I explain to him the whole girlfriend-boyfriend thing? She chased that thought from her head.

"We will see," Sam said and smiled at him.

Sam took the ice cream container and placed it on a nightstand. She turned toward Ray and placed her hand on his chest, he lay down on his back. They have been kissing a lot these days, but they didn't go far on other sexual acts.

She climbed on top of him, settling her thighs on each side of his legs. He gazed at her and she leaned in to kiss him. His lips remained always so soft, their tongues danced, touching lightly. Raymond put his hand on her back and sat down. In that position, she seemed taller than him.