Chapter 10: Tuition

Chapter 10: Tuition

Taehyung's classes ended up, he was walking to their house. Jimin should be with him but unfortunately, his hyung was a smart student that's why he had to stay in their University to participate in events preparation for tomorrow.

Before Taehyung can even hold the doorknob, he can clearly hear his parents fighting over money once again.

"We have to save money for Taehyung's tuition, don't you understand that?" His mom's voice uttered.

"I know that is important but I had to spend money on the company's project so I can start earning more and to start the project." His dad's voice replied.

"We didn't save enough for Taehyung's tuition yet, I have to pay for the bills here in the house." His mom retorted.

"But the money I have is enough for the project's expenses. And Mr. Ching was expecting for it to start." His dad responded.

"Taehyung had to pay his tuition tomorrow, what can I give to him?" His mom inquired frustrated.

"Just tell to his teacher to extend the due date for the payment. Promise, once I get the income for this project, I'll pay for everything. Please understand me, please." His father uttered.

"He can't stop his studies, I'm afraid it might affect his studies. I don't want it to happen." His mom sighed.

"That won't happen, trust me. I won't let that happen to him. He will graduate no matter what happens." His father stated.

Taehyung simply shook his head, he knocked on the door. He opened it and saw them standing.

"Taehyung, son, you already came. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?" His mom asked smiling while walking toward him.

"I'm fine, mom, thank you. I'll go to my room." Taehyung smiled fakely.

"Oh, okay, just tell me if you need something, okay?" His mom uttered caressing his hair.

Taehyung hums in response, he walked upstairs and went to his room. He sat down on his bed due to exhaustion. He was wondering how can he pay for his tuition. He just sighs hoping for the miracle to happen.

The next day

Taehyung was done preparing for his classes. He grabbed his bag, wearing the one strap, and went downstairs.

"Taehyung, ahm, may I talk to you for a while?" His mom asked after setting down the breakfast.

"Yes, mom?" Taehyung retorted looking at her.

"Can you please do excuse your teacher to extend the due date for the payment of your tuition? Some errands are happening right now and I forgot about it."  His mom uttered.

"Okay, I will." Taehyung replied.

"Good, do you want to eat?" His mom smiled.

"Thanks, mom, but it's already late. I have to go." Taehyung responded.

"Okay, have a good day." His mom said.

Taehyung nodded his head, he left the house with a sigh. He got into his car, driving to the ATM bank. Once he arrived, he went to the ATM to check his card but unfortunately, it wasn't enough to pay his tuition. It's not even half of his tuition. He smacked his head due to frustration.

He got back into his car driving to the University.

"Are you okay, Taehyung?" Jimin asked noticing something was off.

"Of course, I'm always fine." Taehyung retorted.

"What are you? A clown?" Jimin mocked.

"Stop teasing me, hyung. I'm not in the mood." Taehyung seriously said.

"Whatever you say, just a reminder, I'm your soulmate you can tell me anything and I will hundred percent help you." Jimin said patting his shoulder.

"I know, hyung." Taehyung smiled.

"Good thing, let's go now. The event will start later." Jimin giggled dragging Taehyung along with him.

When they got to their homeroom to wait for the announcement of the event.

"Do you know that Y/N was Jungkook's ex?"

"I heard that, I can't believe it. I thought she is someone he despises so much, he choked her."

"She's not just his ex, but his first love."

"I can feel they will come back to each other. I saw them together."

"You're right, I saw them to the cafeteria."

"Well, they look good. I guess they might be the campus couple."

"Stupid" Taehyung mumbled rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Now I understand why she was trying to get close to you. So Jungkook can notice her." Jimin tsked.

For some reason, Taehyung found it annoying. He doesn't like the topic.

"Hey, Taehyung, you're the closest with Jungkook, is that true that Y/N was his ex?" Rica asked.

"Do I have to know that? I don't care about them." Taehyung retorted standing up and leaving the room.

"Jimin Oppa, what's wrong with him?" Rica asked.

Jimin shrugged off his shoulder not knowing the answer. Taehyung went to the guidance office but he didn't expect to see Jungkook was inside.

"Hey, Kim!" Jungkook grinned.

Taehyung ignored him, sitting down on the chair in front of their guidance.

"Yes, Kim Taehyung, how can I help you?" Mrs. Hong inquired smiling.

"Ma'am, is there any extension for the tuition payment?" Taehyung asked almost in a whisper tone not wanting Jungkook to hear him.

"Unfortunately, the school doesn't allow that anymore due to some students not paying their tuition. You can at least pay half of them, that's would be fine." Mrs. Hong replied.

"But ma'am, I can't even pay half of it." Taehyung uttered biting his bottom lip.

"You know it's one of the requirements here, you should've at least prepared and save money." Mrs. Hong added.

"Okay ma'am, I'll try to find a way to pay." Taehyung retorted.

He stood up, bowing to her, and leave the office.

"Ma'am, I'll pay for him." Jungkook said.

"Kids these days." Mrs. Hong chuckled and took the black card out of Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook grabbed his black card and put it back in his pocket.

"Be gentle with him." Mrs. Hong grinned.

"I will ma'am." Jungkook smirked.

He left the office as if nothing has happened inside.