LII

Mazi

Holding Cavelle in my arms, I felt the joy I once had. Though I was in a bit of pain, I was just thankful to be alive. As I was about to close my eyes, a few men in suits and policemen walked through my door.

"O'Bryan LaCosta?"

"Uh yes?" I answered and Cavelle sat up.

"We have a few questions for you." The policemen spoke and the men in suits stepped to the side.

"Sure."

"What do you remember from yesterday's incident?" They took out their notepads and pens.

"Well I was in my kitchen and a black man pointed a gun at me and told me that if he didn't kill me, he was gonna get paid. I begged for my life and told him that I had a family but he showed no mercy."

"What were you doing in the kitchen?"

"I was eating, on the phone with my aunt and setting up my security system."

"Who do you think would want to do this?"

"Alot of people. C'mon. I'm rich. My wife is too." I grinned and Cavelle slapped my arm.

"Did you get a look at the shooter?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Can you identify the person?" They placed a line of photos infront of me and I looked at them.

"This one. Him." I pointed at one of the photo.

"Lucas Dillon." One of them spoke.

"Yeah. My wife told me that he approached her today; asking if I was dead."

"Do you know of a Lucille Winslow-LaCosta?"

"Yeah, she's my mother. Why?"

"We believe that she's the reason for all this. However, thanks for the information Mr. LaCosta. We're gonna get a tab on Mr. Dillon here and safe recovery."

"Thank you." I nodded and leaned back since my shoulders were beginning to hurt me.

"Mr. LaCosta. We're here on behalf of the government. We apologize for what has happened to you so in that case, the government has took over your medical bill and is giving you a time off from work. We wish you a safe recovery and will see you when we do." They spoke and left.

"That's nice of them." Cavelle said.

"Yeah I know." I mumbled.

"You don't sound too impressed though." Cav cuddled on me and I relaxed a bit.

"I'm not. Nothing the government do, impress me."

"Oh." She kissed my lips quickly. "What if it was actually your mom that caused this?"

"Then I hope she dies."

"That's not nice." She rubbed her thumb over my lips.

"You're too nice."

"I know I am. That's why you love me." She smiled.

"That ain't the only reason but okay."

"I don't wanna hear it. I'm tired of crying." She said and I laugh.

"Alright my love bug. Give me some kisses please."

"Anything for you my fruity pie." She cooed and kissed my lips.

"Man." I pulled away. "Now you're making me horny." I expressed making her laugh, showing her beautiful straight teeth. Damn. I thought.

Once her laughing died down, she laid her head on my chest.