IV

"Journey i already told you that i didn't have time. So when i do, I'd come visit y'all." Mazi said from around his desk.

"I drove so far to come visit my brother and he don't wanna take me out." she pouted.

He was talking to his sister, Journey, who had come visit him since she haven't seen him in 2 years. She arrived at his place late last night and he just welcomed her in and allowed her to stay in the guest room.

Mazi chuckled while typing. "Girl you drove one hour. Quit acting like you drove from Hawaii to here. Y'all live half an hour from here."

"I'ma need my gas money back."

"Shut up. You popped up unexpected."

"And i still can't believe you still live here."

"I gotta stay protected. And i own a house in Manhattan." he mumbled.

"You still do that government shit?" she ask.

Mazi took his glasses off and turn in his chair, seeing that he wouldn't get much work done.

Journey was laying down in his bed in just some shorts, a tank top and a pair of socks.

"Yeah, i do and it's not a government work. I do it for myself secretly, if you know what I'm saying."

"Yeah. You got a girlfriend?" she ask while smacking on some gum.

"No not really." he shrugged.

"Mazi, it's either you got a girl, or ya don't." she rolled her eyes amd took a selfie.

"You got a girl?" he returned the question.

"I ask you first, answer the question. And don't lie."

Mazi thought about Cavelle and a smile spread across his face. He couldn't say she was his girlfriend because they weren't together but his feelings for her was there.

He liked Cavelle but didn't know if she felt the same way about him. She couldn't, seeing that she had a girlfriend.

"Mazi!"

"Sorry. I- lets just say we getting there." he said and she gave him a stale face.

"That don't answer my question."

"Alright alright. No but i like her."

"Oouuu tell me more." she smiled and laid on her stomach, resting her chin in her palms.

Mazi chuckled. "We've been knowing each other for what? Like 2 months and some days. She's fun, pretty... Beautiful rather, thick." he licked his lips and bit them. "Amazing, great personality. She's just everything." he smiled at the thought of Cavelle.

"Awww. Lil bro is in love." Journey cooed.

"Shut up stupid." he threw an eraser at her amd she dodged it.

"So why y'all ain't together?" she ask.

"She got a girlfriend." he said, a little salty and Journey's eyes lit up.

"Oh she lean too? When can i meet her?" she beamed.

Mazi chuckled and look over at his screen seeing that Cavelle was coming off the elevator from her morning shift since it was now 1 pm.

"Probably soon."

"How she look? White? I don't like white girls. Or is she dark? I love my dark chocolates." she rushed out.

"Chill out fool. She's not gonna like you, you're not her type."

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes.