XXI

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. Where you coming from?" Journey ask.

"The airport. I was teaching in Japan."

"And Cavelle let you?"

"I told her i would be quick."

"Oh..."

"Do you need anything?"

"No. You ask me that 30 times since you got here. I'm fine O."

"Just making sure. If you need anything let me know."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too coco." Mazi kissed her forehead and got up so he could leave.

Mazi had just got from the airport back from Japan and his first destination was his mother's to visit his sister and check on her well-being. He was glad to be home because then, he wouldn't have to go to work for the rest of the week so he can dedicate all his time to his two babies.

He had been trying to call Cavelle for the past two and a half days but got nothing so he was worried. He knew he left her when she wasn't feeling well but he understood how she felt.

But what he didn't know, was that Cavelle had a miscarriage. During that two day, she had took the time to figure herself and emotions out and also how she was going to explain to him that she lost their child. Although it wasn't her fault, it was clear that she had a slight health problem and she was drugged.

Cavelle was afraid of how O'Bryan might react to the situation because she knew that he wanted a baby and she did too. She wasn't trying to avoid him, but she couldn't allow him to hear her cry since he was working. She knew Mazi was crazy enough to hop on a plane to be by her side and she didn't want that to ruin his work.

Excited to be home, Mazi checked the time and saw that it was 7 in the morning. A smile appeared on his face when he stepped inside his home. He walked pass the living room where he saw Brandon sleeping in the sofa shirtless. Mazi didn't waste any time in jogging up the stairs and heading to his room. There he saw Omealia cuddled up with her sister causing a smile to spread across his face.

"Mealia." he tapped her arm. "Omealia."

"Yes?" she mumbled.

"Why aren't you getting ready for school?"

"I'm already at school." she said, sleep evident in her voice.

"Omealia get up and go get ready for school."

"I don't wanna go to school." she whined, finally looking at him.

"Why not?" Mazi ask. He couldn't understand her sudden dislike for school.

"Cause they're bulling me and calling me a lame."

"Who?"

"Some boys."

"Go get ready. I'll handle it."

"You taking me?"

"Yeah."

Omealia flipped the sheets off her and slowly got out of bed while rubbing her eyes.

"Baby." Mazi pulled the sheets from over Cavelle's face, seeing her awake and she had a slight frown. "What's up? No calls? No text? Did i do something wrong?"

"No." she mumbled.

"Then what's up?"

Tears automatically start flowing from Cavelle's eyes and Mazi mood changed.