The Affirmative Action (Part 1)

As we continue on this current chapter, we'll get an exclusive look at how Zane and Jabari's plan is going so far. (Make sure you play music in the next couple of chapters to get characters' moods)

March 25th, 2020

2:20 a.m.

Zane's POV

Today is the day for the second of my plan to come to fruition. It was still dark outside so I decided to drive to Zhen's and Kaylan's house to see how they were doing. There were still lights on at Zhen's house. Meanwhile, Kaylan's house was completely dark.

"Should we do it now?", Jabari asked me. "No, not yet. We wait until the afternoon to take affirmative action.", I said after lighting up my cigar. Jabari nodded and rolled the window down. "What time are we doing it?", he asked. I turned my head and said, "Affirmative action starts at 4:35 p.m." After that, I pulled off and drove back home.

...

10:09 a.m.

Zhen's POV

"Hurry up Dalvin! The food's getting cold.", I yelled. "I'm coming! I just need to get the fish and the bag of ice!", he said yelling from outside. Today's Kaylan birthday so me, Dalvin, Devante, and our blended families are here setting everything in place for today.  "Hey Zhen, where do we place the gifts at?", my mom asked me. I looked around and said, "Place it in the hallway closet. She never looks in there." My mom nodded her head and placed the gift in the hiding place.

"Alright here's the fish and ice.", Dalvin said coming inside my house. "Great. Now he can finally cook it. ", I said grabbing the fish. "Who's cooking the fish?", Dalvin asked. "I am. Now pass me the butter.", Devante said sneaking up from behind Dalvin. I passed Devante all the ingredients he needed for his famous fried fish fillet.

"Alright people. We're almost done with the decorations and the food. Are there any problems we got?", I semi-yelled. "Uhh...she just texted me saying that she's coming at 10:30.", Dalvin said looking at his phone and scratching his head. I sighed. "Nigga. You had one job to do. It was to stall us some time before she comes.", Devante said while putting the fish in the oven.

"Nigga shut the fuck up. I was the one who brought you the fucking fish. Without me, you wouldn't be cooking right now.", Dalvin said flipping Devante off. "At least I'm not built like a tree stump with a fake ass toupe.", Devante said. I tried not to laugh in front of Dalvin so I turned my head around. "I DON"T HAVE A TOUPE ON!!! I keep telling you that I use natural juices and berries on my hair. I don't even know why you tryna talk with that lil crusty ass face tattoo you got.", he said.

After that, Dalvin and Devante were mean-mugging each other for a good two to three minutes. I decide to walk away from both of them in case they might've begun fighting each other. So I walked towards the living room and the next thing I know...I fucking tripped myself with my own foot. "Shit.", I said falling down clumsily. Devante and Dalvin both laughed at me. "Fuck yall. Yall could've helped a nigga out.", I said.

Once I got up, I heard someone's phone ring. I looked around to see whose phone it was. Somebody answered the call. I dusted myself off and went back into the kitchen. It was Devante's phone so he answered. I silently said 'put the phone on speaker" and he did. "Hello?", he said. "What's good Boss Playa?", Kaylan said. All three of us had grinned at each other. 

Devante chuckled and said, "Yeah, that's me. So you calling me to let me know you reneging on dominos ALREADY and the game ain't even started yet? Damn...I knew you were a loser but damn..show some sportsmanship.", Devante said. Kaylan laughed and said, "Nigga I never lose. That's Dalvin losing. I called to let you that I'm on my way over there. I'm just bringing some wine coolers and some jugs of fruit punch."