She's leaving now

As we were left on this story, Dyana and Devante are getting discharged today. The excitement that fills the DeGrate family is almost suffocating and it's for obvious reasons. As for Zhen, we're still unsure about her last day at the hospital. Now let's dive back in to where we were.

...

December 23, 2019

Devante's POV

Finally, it's time to fucking go. I been waiting all damn day. My ass been hurting all day. Now we're just packing up all of Dyana's stuff from here. "Hey, Dr. Mayans.", I said. "Yes Mr. DeGrate?", she said. "I just wanna say thanks for making this surgery...a breeze.  And for helping me recover quickly. You know how to do your job.", I said to her.

She laughed. "I mean...I did get a degree to do this and no problem. You guys have been keeping me busy and I needed this. Now I don't feel as useless or invisible as I was before.", she said. "I don't see why you think that. Everybody else just kinda ignored us as soon as Dy and Zhen came into the ER.", I told. 

She sighed and said, "Well, those doctors are just busy and airheads." I nodded my head. "Hey dad. You coming? I got the papers signed and everything!", Dyana yelled in excitement.  "I guess that's my sign. Oh yeah, when will Zhen be discharged?", I asked. "Since she's been showing so much progress from the tutoring, I'd say she'll be out...maybe after christmas. It all depends on what her tutor says. You can go see her if you want to.", Dr. Mayans said.

I grinned and nodded and left the room. After I left the room, I heard somebody laughing in Zhen's room. What the fuck? Who the fuck is that? I stood and knocked on the door and the laughing stopped.

Two minutes later, a light skinned man opened the door just a tad bit. He was an inch below me. I'm 6'3 and he's 6'2.   "Are you lost sir?", He asked me.  Does it look like I'm lost dumb nigga."Uhh...no I'm not lost. Is Zhen in the room?", I asked.

"Oh yeah she's here. You must be Mr.DeGrate?", he said with a smile on his face. " Yeah, I am. Is she free to talk right now?", I said. He opened the door wider and I saw Zhen on her phone with her fine ass.

The nigga stepped out my way and I came into her room. "Devante!!! How did the surgery go?", Zhen said while running to me and hugging me. I smiled.

"Your speech's getting better Z. And it went well. Dyana got discharged today so we're packing up for her.",I said. " Oh yeah. This is my speech tutor. His name is....ummm...",she said trying to remember. " It's okay Zhen. My name's Mr. Morte but you can just call me Aubrey.", He said.

"I gotta thank you for helping her so much Mr. Aubrey.",I said. "Please. Just call me Aubrey.",he said. "Did they say anything about me leaving today baby?",Zhen asked. "You might get out before or after Christmas. That's all I heard so far.",I said.

"I'm so glad you came to see.",she said.  "Me too.", I said. I grabbed her chin gently and kissed her on her chocolate scented lips. "Devante. Not in front of my tutor.",she said. I turned around and saw him. He was just watching with no face expression.

I don't know but I kinda have a bad feeling about him. Idk I might just be tripping. It's too early on the story to know anyways.

"You right.",I said. After that, we both sat down on her bed cuddled up together, and talked to each other until it was time for me to go with Dyana.

To be continued....