𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 (pt. 2)

Our boyfriends were flicking the channels to find our favorite channels until we saw the screen change to a service announcement.

I wonder what's going on for today?? Whatever it is, I hope those who are endangered will be found safe and away from anything bad.

to be continued...

Zhen's POV

Policemen were on the screen and there were reporters sitting down yelling really loudly. 

I quickly turned my head to the boys and their faces were scrunched up with confusion. I looked at my cousin and her eyes were like mine, very confused as well.

"What is happening?", I asked slowly while turning my head towards the TV.  "I-I-I don't know but we're going to change it back to yall show in a minute. Just hold on.", Jabari said while flickering the tv buttons. The tv is very outdated. Like it's from the late 90s-early 2000s.

As he kept trying to change the channel, it didn't work. At this point, I am still confused and want to tell him to give up because it seems important since we can't get back to our channel but I don't want to upset him, especially not on my pamper week.

"...Maybe...we should listen since...we can't watch our show right now. It might just be a quick announcement about a neighborhood or something.", Kaylan said. 

There was silence in the room. Jabari stopped messing with the tv and looked at Zane. 

Kaylan and I both looked at Zane too as we patiently waited for his response. 

"Fine. We can do that. There's nothing that can affect us from a public announcement.", he said. Jabari nodded his head and sat back down in his seat and we listened.

"We, the Oregon Police Department, would like to allow at this time the Fang-Ways & DeGrate Families to speak. If questions do arrive, please raise your hand. This is not gossip or entertainment. This is a high-profile missing persons case. We will not allow this case to become a cold case. We have solved many missing person cases throughout the decades and years whether they were old or recent. Families deserve closure and or compensation. Surviving victims deserve to come back to their families SAFELY. Deceased victims deserve to rest in peace, to be honored, and have their stories told.  Again if questions are presented, please raise your hand. We do not need any extra noise today. Thank you.", an officer said.

The room from the screen seemed so quiet and intimidating. The next thing I know, I see my...parents.....?? 

"Mom?... Dad??", I said out loud. I got a bit closer to the tv just to be more sure that I wasn't being delusional. 

And..I was right. It is them. Why are they there?

"Hello everyone. I'm Yvette Fang-Ways and I have my husband Fu Fang-Ways with me too. I will be speaking for both of us. He's extremely emotional right now.", my mom said while holding my dad's hands. I looked at my dad's face and it was red. he had to be crying for a long time for his face to be red. 

"It has been two years since our daughter and her cousin have disappeared. We have done all the work that we can. We've spread flyers around, done infomercials for them, and even done numerous amounts of exclusive interviews.", she stopped herself before tearing up.

There was a minute of silence before a tall man grabbed my mom's hand.

Who is that holding her hand?

I got a chance to look at the tall man's face. 

...The..face is familiar to me.

I-I know who that is.

Tears quickly formed and fell from my eyes. I tuned out everything else. My ears started ringing and I could no longer hear the TV or the outside noise around me.  My eyes remained on the TV still.

Although I couldn't hear anything, pictures of me and Kaylan were shown. I turned my head towards Kaylan and she had her eyes still on the TV.

The man I recognized on TV with my mom finally began to speak and everything just came in full circle for me. All of my previous memories before even living here. Life before taken away. More and more tears came out of my eyes. 

We need to get out of here. 

I thought that this was a safe space but now I've realized that..this is actually a place of trauma and evilness. 

Before another thought could even come to mind, the TV screen turned black and Jabari stood in front of me. 

"I think we're gonna take a break from the TV for a while. How about we just call this a night huh? Let's get you two bathed nicely and get put into bed.", Jabari said.

"That's right. Come on girls. Let's go.", Zane said.

Everything stopped. I panicked inside. We need a plan. I don't want to be here anymore. 

"Bunny?", Jabari said.

I nodded my head. 

"Let's go and get you in the bath.", he said. "Okay.", I said.

After that, I looked at Kaylan and she had her head turned away from me. I don't get it. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? Why won't she look at me? Does she not want to make a scene? Does she have a plan that I might not know about?

I got up and let Jabari walk to the bathroom to prepare for my bath tonight.

...

Happy New Year yall! I hope 2022 is great for yall so far like it is for me! Remember to vote, comment, and hydrate yourselves everyday.

I LOVE YALL, BYE <33333