Family Affairs

**Let's turn our heads around and try to bury the hatchet. Forgive but never forget and to get some damn facts straights with each other. Now let's dive into what the two cousins have to say to each other.**

January 20th, 2020

2:22 pm

Kaylan's POV

It's been a while since Zhen and I talked. I decided to just let her do her and everything else. I know it's her birthday today. So I'd figured that I might as well be the bigger person and make a move. I got up from my couch and cooked me and Dalvin some warm blueberry muffins with banana pudding.

"Damn. These muffins taste really good.", Dalvin said stuffing his fatass face with the muffins. "Thanks. You know I grow my own shit right?", I asked. "Huh? You grew all this good ass shit.", Dalvin said. "Yup.", I said.

My phone started ringing where Dalvin was at. "Hey pass me my phone please.", I asked Dalvin. He nodded his head and gave me my phone. Once I got my phone, I answered the call. "Hello?", I said. "Kaylan..hey. It's Zhen.", she said. "...Hey. Happy birthday, Z.", I said. There was a moment of silence between us.

"Hey...I know it's been a while since I got jumped but I feel like we kinda lost connection after that. Mr. Morte came over to help me with his first aid kit. I was wondering if you could come over so you know we could..talk I guess about..everything.", she said. "Only if that's okay with you.", she added.

I didn't really say much once she got done talking. I don't know. I just know for a fucking fact that SOMETHING will go down. And once it does...I don't think things will be the same anymore. There won't be any more happy days especially for her. I can really just feel we won't be safe. I don't wanna think or speak it into existence.

"..yeah. Yeah, I can come over. What time do you want me to come over?", I asked her. Zhen chuckled. "It doesn't matter what time. You just need to bring some of your food from your garden. I want some fruits and mint leaves.", she said. "Aight. I'll see you in ten minutes.", I said before hanging up.

"So you really just gone leave a nigga here alone?", Dalvin asked. I turned around and Dalvin just so happen to be behind me. "Damn nigga. You all in my damn personal space.", I said getting closer to him. He pulled me closer to him and our eyes examined each others' bodies. "You still haven't answered my question.", he said grinning. "I mean...you did hear me say saying I was leaving.", I said. Dalvin kissed his teeth and loosened his grip around my waist.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Don't worry. I'll be back. I don't know when but I'll be back tho. For now, you can wait for me and maybe just maybe we can do something later on.", I said while grabbing some of my garden food in the fridge. "When you say something...what you mean?", Dalvin asked. "I mean..we can do something later on and it's not that. That date we had was nice but that doesn't mean it gave you full access of myself.", I said. Yall I'm such a fucking flirt lol.

"Kay. Why you playing hard to get? I like you, you like me. Why not make us official?", Dalvin said. I chuckled and said, "I'm not playing hard to get. I'm naturally hard to get and I wanna be sure if you can be faithful. You know you got the reputation of being the ladies man. Can you be a one-lady man?", I asked him. "Depends. Can you be a one-man woman?", he said. I grinned and kissed him on his lips. After that, I grabbed my keys and left. "Was that a yes?", Dalvin yelled from my house. I got inside my car, started it and drove my way to Zhen's house.

Hopefully, my prediction and senses can be wrong for once. I pray it does.

to be continued...

Prepare yall selves for the next couple of chapters. Shit will be happening. That's all. Love yall and vote, read, comment my story and you'll get a shout-out. Read BennyBearr's second book called "Somebody"  and her first book called "My Boyfriend's Brother". Her books are really good too. <3 <3 <3 <3