Timidness

February  19th, 2022

10:00 am

Kaylan's POV

The past two days have been nothing but awkward. Yes, we have been getting spoiled per usual but things have been tense...and I'm a bit hopeful at least.

I woke up two hours early in bed near Zane. Usually whenever I get up, he usually wakes up 30 minutes after. Since this is our special week...we have privileges. I can finally go to the bathroom and wash at my own pace.

I got up from the bed and went to the restroom. Instead of going to the bathroom near my mas-I mean Zane's room, I went to Jabari's bathroom. 

...

10:10 am

Zhen's POV

I woke up and quickly dashed to the bathroom with my eyes halfway still closed. I knocked on the door lightly because usually the bathroom is always open unless Jabari's inside. 

I sighed silently realizing what has to come out of my mouth.

"Good morning, Master. I just woke up as well. May I please use the restroom as well?", I said mindlessly. 

The door quickly opened and I got dragged inside the bathroom. 

I almost screamed thinking I did something wrong until my eyes met with Kaylan's and she covered her wet hands over my mouth.  "Don't scream, please. It's just me and  I just got done washing my hands.", she said lowly.

*2 minutes later*

I finally got a chance to use the restroom while Kaylan was still here.

"So did you see them too?", Kaylan asked me. "Yeah. It made me cry and I also remembered that tall man near my mom too. I can't remember his name anymore but I know his face.", I said.

"I'm glad you finally remembered because I was on the verge of giving up honestly.", she said. "Yeah, me too.", I said. After I finally got done relieving myself from the toilet, I got a chance to wash my hands too.

"Hey.", I said causing Kaylan to turn her head towards me. 

"I think we should escape.", I said. 

She smiled when I said that. "I agree. I think we should do it before this month ends.", she said. "Isn't tomorrow the last day of our privileges?", I asked.

"It is but I overheard Jabari ask for an extension week of us using privileges the day we saw the PSA for us. Apparently, Zane will make the decision tomorrow after we all get done doing something. After that, I fell asleep.", she said. 

"They'll probably let us know when we're eating or something.", I said. 

I don't know why but I just hugged Kaylan tightly. 

She hugged me back with the same amount of strength and emotion that I have for her. 

"We have to find a to get out of here. Fast.", she said. I did nothing but nod. 

"How long do we have until our privileges are over?", I asked once more. 

"One. Day. Left.", she said.

After she said that, there was nothing but silence between us.

Something clicked in my head and an idea came to mind.

"I have an idea and I need to know if you'll be down for it or not.", I said.

"At this point, anything will be great. I'm down. What is it?", she said.

After that, I whispered in her ear about my idea.

Let's just hope this will work.