Girl Please

**Play the song while reading to get the mood of this chapter.**

...

January 23, 2020

5:32 pm

Devante's POV

I've been at the studio all damn day and now I'm just taking a smoke break. "So what's the next move man?", the sound engineer, Roach, asked. "Shit nothing really. I just gotta add the guitar and flute sounds in the background to make it hot.", I said while exhaling my weed. "I don't see how you're still up and going man. You've been here since 3 in the morning. How are you not tired?", Roach asked me.

"Nigga I do rest. I just work differently from everybody else.", I said. "Shit I-", Roach said before he got interrupted by my phone. I quickly grabbed my phone and saw Zhen across the screen.  I answer the phone and said, "Hello?" "Hey baby.", Zhen said.

"What's wrong? Do I need to come to get you or sum?", I asked her. "No, I'm okay though but thanks. I just want to get something off my chest to you.", she said. "Uhhh okay. What is it?", I asked her.

Zhen sighed and said, "There's just been alot of stuff going on lately ever since you went to Tennessee." I squinted my eyes. "When you say 'stuff' what type of stuff are you talking about?", I asked. "I mean like things with Kaylan and my speech tutor, Mr. Morte.", she said. "They're arguing with each other?", I asked still being confused. "No, it's not that. It's like- okay so after Kaylan and I got done fighting, Mr. Morte was helping me recovering and after he did that, he went to Kaylan's house. I'm not sure what he told her but it was completely different from what he told me.", she said. "What did he say to you that was different from what told Kaylan?",  I asked her.

Zhen's POV

Devante had asked me a question. I was about to answer his question but Kaylan snatched the phone away from me. "Look Devante, he told her that I brought my so-called friends came over and jumped her. And then he came over where I was at and I vented to him.", she said. At this point, Devante was on speaker.

"The fuck? Why did he lie to her?", Devante asked. "Probably because he didn't want us to ask him questions like we did today. He came over and we..shit I was asking that nigga why the fuck he was lying to us? He told me that he calls a spade a spade. How the fuck can call a spade for what it is but when somebody about what you was saying about the spade that's the time for you to have a fucking panic attack? Just straight-up bullshit.", Kaylan said.

"Wait. When did this shit happen?", Devante said. "Girl this shit happened just three fucking days ago.", Kaylan said. I laughed so hard. "What? What happened?", Kaylan said. "You just called him girl.", I said while laughing. "It's good. Dyana stay calling me that too. It don't even bother me anymore.", Devante said chuckling. "Aw shit. My bad, D.", Kaylan said.

As Devante was still on the phone, Kaylan and I both spilled the tea about Aubrey.  As we did, Devante let us know that he and Dalvin were coming over to spend the night. Instead of all four of us going to Zhen's house, we're all going to my house.

...Five Hours Later...

10:35 pm

Devante's POV

Me, Dalvin, Kaylan and Zhen were all hanging out as couples inside of Kaylan's house. We were all in the kitchen eating rotel and drinking wince coolers and slushed fruit punch. We were also playing uno too.

Try Walking Away From ThatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara