26) noticed

I woke up expecting his arms to be around me. But they weren't.

It actually made me kind of sad. Ames barged into my room. "Get up sunshine, we have to go back to school."

I groaned and forced myself to get out of bed. "Can't it just be June already?"

"Woah what's what?" Ames pointed to my neck. I wanted to die of embarrassment. "Uhhh... nothing." I quickly covered it with my hand. "Charlie Summers!! Is that a hickey? Who in the hell gave that to-" his face angered in realization.

"My brother?" He face turned red. I didn't say anything, confining his suspicions. "Out of every guy on this planet, you pick the most dangerous one." He seemed genuinely concerned.

"He won't hurt me." I softly said. Looking at my face, he pulled me into a hug. "Just be careful, I don't want him to hurt you."

"I will A. I promise."

"Pinky?" Carter walked into the room. "What are you two a thing now?" I asked them.

Carter wrapped his arm around his shoulder and kissed his cheek. It will never not be weird to see my best friend and my ex boyfriend like that.

"Yup. Now get ready for school, we will wait downstairs." They walked out.

I had a whole wardrobe of new clothes that the maid picked out for me. She has a pretty good sense of style to be honest. I picked out a long sleeve fringe turtle neck in attempt to hid my hickey.

I slipped a pink floral dress over it and paired it with white converse.

I hopped down the spiral staircase and met Ames and Carter at the door

I hopped down the spiral staircase and met Ames and Carter at the door. "How is Toby?" I asked him.

"He is doing so good in school and can't stop talking about a girl named Lexi."

I knew he liked her. I laughed to myself. "Wow my best friend is so fucking beautiful." He picked me up and spun me around.

When I gained my balance, I saw Thomas out of the corner of my eye walk into the room and up the stairs. He didn't even look at me.

My face saddened and they immediately noticed. "You could do so much better Char."

I know they were trying to comfort me but it didn't help.

Why didn't he ignore me? We were just cuddling last night. Did I do something? Did I smell? My mind flooded with insecurities.

Carter grabbed my hand gently and pulled me out of the door, and into Ames silver Jeep.

"Buckle up." Ames said as he drove away.

Walking into school, everyone seemed to be looking at me. Was I really dressed that different?

The popular girl were whispering thing to each other while looking at me. Why whisper if you know I know your looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Carly Summers is it..?" A boy came up to me. He had light brown hair and light brown eyes. "It's Charlie." I corrected him.

"Sorry my bad," he laughed. "I just thought you were really cute, so I wanted to get your number.

Wow I guess I really did look different. "Uhh.." I thought about Thomas, how would he feel about this. It's not like he asked me to be his girlfriend or anything. Plus he acted like I didn't exist this morning.

"Sure. It's 808-665-5091." He typed in every number I said. "Great, I'll see you later." He tapped my shoulder and winked.

"Who was that?" I nearly flew across the room.

"Some guy asking for my number." I told Carter. "Oh so your miss popular with the guys now huh?" He smirked. "Shut up." I slapped his chest.

The bell rang and we headed off the class. The whole day I wanted to die of boredom, wow I didn't miss this.

While school is very boring to me, I do pay attention and get very good grades. It's something I'm proud of.

After school, we all went to the local cafe that I've gone to before. While looking at it, memories of Thomas flooded my brain.

I tried to push them away. He doesn't care about you. He was just saying those sweet things to make me fall for him.

Sitting in our usual seat, Ames ordered food for Carter and I. What a gentleman.

I was looking out the window when I thought I saw something move behind a bush. I'm probably just imagining things.

The same light browned hair boy that I saw earlier walked in. Immediately walking towards me when he saw me. "Hey Charlie, mind if I sit with y'all?"

"Of course not." I patted the seat next to me.

"I never got your name."

"I'm Kaz." He said. Unique name.

"Nice to meet you Kaz." I nudged him.

Carter and Ames looked at me weirdly. "What?" I mouthed. "Nothing." They said continuing their conversation.

"Have you always gone to MHS?" He asked. "Yea." I laughed pushing hair behind my ears. "How have I never seen you."

"I used to be kind of anti social." I lied...sorta.

"Oh well that seems to have changed." He smiled. His pearly white teeth shined through it.

The waiter came around with our food and I shared my burger and fries with Kaz. He seems really nice!!

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" He flirted. Thomas always tells me that.

"Your too sweet!!" I replied as we all walked out of the diner.

"See you at school tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yep." I popped the p. He turned around and headed for a truck.

I watched him as he drove away and disappeared into the distance.

FOLLOW

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

XOXO