15) heir

My parents are threatening that I assume their position when I turn 18 in a couple months.

But I don't want this, I don't want to be a gang leader responsible for so much violence. I never have.

Ever since I was born, I have been training and working out. You have to be mentally and physically strong to lead, especially the east side.

"Harder." My father yelled as I punched the punching bag. My fists collided with the bag.

"That's more like it." He patted me on my shoulder.

"Dad..." I called out.

"Yeah son?"

"What if I don't want for this to be my life?" I quickly said, annoyed at the pressure he was putting me through.

"To fucking bad Ames, you were born into this, you can't choose. Say something like that again and I'll kill you." He spat. I knew he wasn't lying..

"Sorry sir." I apologized. He walked out of the room, leaving me frustrated; so I landed another punch of the bag.

I want to go to collage, and become a doctor. I want to have kids and a wife without fear of them being threatened or kidnapped. That's just a reality I'll never get to live.

Around 5am I got back home. I was eager to check on Charlie to make sure she was okay.

My feet gently tip toed up the stairs when I heard noises. Moans.

Fucking Thomas!!! Gross. Who made him angry now...

Ignoring the disgusting act that was going on in the room next to me, I slowly opened her door. She was sound asleep, cuddled into her comforter. My lips happily smiled as I made sure she was okay.

Not wanting to pry, I left the room.

I covered my ears and walked back into my room.

I'm surprised he hasn't woken up Charlie.

A soft knock tapped my door. "Come in." I yelled.

Charlie's short frame appeared.

"I want to go see Toby and Carter. Can you drive me?"

"Of course." I quickly grabbed my keys and led her out the door and into my Jeep.

She looked so tired.

When I pulled up, she quickly got out of the car in excitement.

The front door opened and she disappeared.