6) caught

We got to the Elementary school and picked Toby up. I don't know what to do about Carter, he is being very persistent on spending time with me. "Thanks for walking us Carter. But we got it from here, we are almost home."

"No I want to be a good friend and walk you home to make sure you get home safe,"

The thing about Carter is that he is very stubborn, there is no way he was going to let this go. "Fine."

We walked in front of my step fathers house and memories filled my mind. Like the time he spanked me with a belt for an hour straight, or all the times he has drowned me in the bathtub.

He can't see me. If he does, there is no telling what he will do to me. "Come on i'll walk you to the door." Carter insisted.

Please just leave.

Tears wanted to pour down my face but I did my best to hold my composure. He looked at me with deep confusion. "Charlie. What. Is. Wrong?"

I looked down at my little brother who had tears streaming down his face. I had to tell Carter, there was no way I was taking my little brother back into this hell hole. "I- um..." before I could finish my sentence, the front door opened and John was waiting. "Glad your finally home," he said while looking at Carter. "Hi Mr. Black," my best friend introduced himself.

"You must be Carter..." John smirked at me. "Yes sir."

"Thank you for taking my lovely children home, please leave now." a evil look appeared on his face.

"Yes sir." he turned around and walked away. As soon as he was out of sight, John pulled me in the house by my hair. "Where the fuck have you been?"

"I'm sorry!!" I cried out.

Toby ran up stairs as usual. Pain flooded my body as he threw me on to the ground.

Kick after kick he striked me in the side of my body. "Please...please stop, i'm sorry. I'll do anything." I was desperate.

"NO!! You deserve what your getting!! I have been alone in this damn house for two days with nothing to punch." another kick battered my body.

It seemed like hours, but he finally stopped. I climbed up the stairs. My rib felt broken. My head hurt and I couldn't see clearly. What did I do to deserve this?

With every step I crawled up the stairs, I felt more and more dizzy. Until, I fell into darkness.

I woke up in the same place that I passed out

I woke up in the same place that I passed out. Blood was on the stairs where my face was. My nose bled I guess.

I pulled myself up from the railing. To my surprise, I wasn't in that much pain anymore. Thank god, because if I had to go to the doctors, they would ask me a bunch of questions.

My bedroom door opened and little Toby popped out. "Charwie are you okay?" he rushed over to me. "Yes, I am.. please go back in the room and I will be right there."