14) oh brother

"Please calm down." I cried. Why is he being like this. He is supposed to protect me.

"Shut up you bitch." He slapped me.

The absolute horror and betrayal showed on my face. For a couple seconds he looked sorry. Then, something ignited in him and his eyes lit up.

He threw a punch to my stomach. I fell to the floor sobbing, wondering what went so wrong.

"Stop." I screamed. Another punch.

"Please." He kicked me.

"Be quiet or I won't stop." He spat.

"Your supposed to be my stepfather." I whispered.

Soon after, followed endless blows and insults.

"Charlie!!"

I woke up to someone shaking me.

"I-I heard you screaming." It was Thomas. Thomas?

"I had a flashback dream." I said as my hands rubbed my face.

"Flashback from what?" He sounded very curious.

"Why do you care? I don't even know you." My hands also wiped my tears.

"I- I just-" he didn't finish his sentence.

"Where is Ames?" I asked.

"He had some business with my parents."

"Business?"

By business, he was probably talking about the gang. But what was he doing? He said he wanted nothing to do with it.

"Yea he is at training. For... you know." He ran his fingers through his dark hair and sat at the end of my bed.

"Oh." I said softly. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. It happens all the time." I cuddled back into my sheets.

"It sounds scary, I heard you sobbing and I couldn't help but check on you." His voice softened.

"Thank you." I flashed him a greatful smile.

Thomas actually seems pretty decent.

"Okay I'll go-" I cut him off. "I don't mind your company." I wanted to give him a chance to prove he wasn't pure evil.

"In all honesty, I'm never able to go back to sleep once I wake up from nightmares and I need a distraction from my thoughts." I nervously laughed.

"I have an idea. Follow me." He hopped off the bed.

He lead me outside on their porch. "Where are we going?" I laughed. It was dark outside and the full moon glistened against the ocean in view.

Thomas began walking down the board walk so I followed him.

I can't believe I'm putting so much trust into a stranger. But for some reason, I feel like I can trust him.

Our feet hit the cool sand.

"The beach? That's your idea?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Just be patient." He grabbed my hand, but my instinct pulled me away. "Sorry." He immediately stopped.

"It's- it's okay." I began walking in the direction he was going.

"What do you have nightmares about? You never answered me earlier." He said.

"My step father.." I said hesitantly.

Now that he is locked up, I can tell people without fear of him hurting Toby. Although I don't want people to judge me from my past, I wanted to tell him.

"He used to hurt me... so I'd often get flashbacks from trauma. He's in jail now though." I tried to sound casual.

"Who is he?! I'll end him." He yelled, tightening his fists. His brows furrowed and his face turned red.

So I backed up, in fear that he might throw a punch. He noticed and his face softened. "I'm sorry." Thomas immediately said.

"Don't... yell at me." My voice cracked.

"Charlie I'm sorry." He walked over to me and attempted to hug me.

"Why am I here? I shouldn't be." I pushed him off of me.

"Your dangerous." I started walking away, he called my name but I didn't look back. I went right back into my room and locked the door.

I shouldn't have even gone out with him in the first place, I just wanted to try and be spontaneous for once and he got aggressive. I don't know him, he could be worse then John for all I know. I'm so stupid.

My blood boiled when I learned that her step father abused her

My blood boiled when I learned that her step father abused her. I don't even know this girl that well but I
have a nagging urge to protect her, and to get to know her beautiful face.

Compared to any other girl I have seen, they don't even compare to her. Her full lips look so ready to devour and her innocent eyes make my knees weak.

But the look on her face when I yelled was upsetting. I scared her. I wanted nothing more then to give her endless apologies. This girl is turning me soft. That cannot happen.

When I turned 18, my twin sister and I got handed the second half of the Hawaiian gangs. We are the most powerful and deadly gang on Maui and I cannot soften up for some random girl, no matter how badly I craved her presence.

Sorry about the short chapter but I've been very busy with drivers ed!! Lol

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

XOXO