Chapter 35

I was curious if the Lou’s plan was going to work, if we could get pass the Military road block without setting the alarm that they were there. Lou sat in the passage side and Vito sat on the driver side. Walter and I were at the back, Walter was excited but nervous, I was nervous, what if it goes wrong, what would happen to Walter, and the others, most humans, do know that they another world of monsters, enough set of species who walked among us.  

 I knew I was different to the other human, to my friends, to Walter mainly; he was the only normal thing here. But then again what is normal, what if the human aren’t normal and the Vampire world was. I miss high school, the bullies Simon and his gang, surprisingly, I miss the detention I get, I miss being human.

I shouldn’t be thinking about that, being human, I not I’m a vampire, half vampire but still half human, a Dampier, the daughter of Kanya, Kanya the strongest vampire that has ever lived. The blood of Lord Phineas and Lord Khepri ran through Kanya and me.

We slowly drive up to the front of the road block.  Two military people come up the car one on each side. Vito enters the mind on one to see what he was thinking and to change it if necessary. Lou said it wasn’t her strong point, in gaining control of the minds of others, but she has done it before.

“Name’s please” The military man asked Vito.

“Luke Homes” He said.

”And the other names, ” he said, looking at the back.

“My son, Tyson Homes, and Lucy Homes”   Vito was concentrating on the man, while Lou was concentrating on the other.

The military guy on Lou side was confused. He spoke on his radio quietly, but the Lou strong point was hearing.

“I believe we have a possible suspect here,  the car number plates its 291 JJJ, color of car in tan brown station wagon. “

“Vito I’m losing him” Lou said to Vito quietly.

“Shit”Vito said. Vito gave the man and the idea that his shoe lace was undone, even though it wasn’t.  Vito switches man, and gave the man doubts.

The military man, looked at the car again, then spoke into his radio. “It was a false alarm, not possible suspects.

The other military man looked up and wave them by. Once they were at least 10 minutes away the silence was finally over with screams of excitement and happiness.

“That's, was close”Walter said. After everyone finished laughing.

Vito drove till we stop at a petrol station and got something to eat for dinner, now Lou was driving the rest of the way. The highway was empty the star once again filled the dark night sky. Walter was sleeping with his head lying in my lap, Vito is extremely jealous, I could feel it.

“You don’t need to be jealous you know,” I said.

“Pardon?”  Vito out aloud.

Ï didn’t say a thing” Commented.

“No Isa did” Vito said, turning back to me.

“What?’

“You told me through my head.” Vito said.

Lou looks at me in the rear view mirror.

“And? Itn’t it was vampire to do?”

“Yeah, but  centuries of training. Not within a decade. I haven’t met anyone who can.”

“Oh, why can I, I don’t even know I'm doing it.”

“You haven’t go control of it. So you will need some training.” Vito said.