Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I lay awake in my bed. I watch the ceiling. I can’t get to sleep due to thinking about Vito. Who is he? Two people said to stay away from him and that comment when I broke my locker door means he knows something about me. Rolling to my side and listening to my grandma deeply sleeping. I pull the covers off and put on some shoe and clothes. I climb out of my window and into the late night. I walk to the paddock and lay down. I watch the stars for a while until a shadow come up behind me. I sat up and notice it was grandma.

“Can’t sleep” I said and watch the forest out in front.

She old so it took her a while to sit next to me but once she did she lay down to watch the stars. I lay back down.

“Can you tell me the story about my patents?” I said.

“I tell you all the time” Grandma complains.

“Please it’s my favourite.”

“OK. Grandma closes her eye and I do the same.

Well’your father was going in to work, he was running so late. Late for what I have no Idea. He was rushing and he had a coffee in his hands. Your mother was late for work. See she works at this office. She had a white blouse on and coffees don’t mix with white. You’re father and your mother wasn’t watching where they were going. The both were walking at a very fast pace. She turned the corner and he did too. They collided and both coffee goes up and landed on both of them. He was angry and she was too. They hadn’t seen each other yet becausethey was wiping the tops. When he looks up he saw the most beautiful woman in the world. She had light blonde hair and brown eyes. He apologises.

“I am so deeply sorry please let me quickly buy you a new top and another coffee. He mumbles on.”Grandma tried to act my farther voice she wasn’t very good at it.

“You should be sorry.....” She looks up and didn’t continue her sentence but change a different attitude.” Grandma chosen a sweet young voice.

“No, it all right then no need for apologies, it was my entire fault.” She smiles at your father who was a very handsome man. He was tall he had black hair and the more clear blue eye as the clearest seas on earth.”

“Please let me buy another coffee, insist.” Your father said.”

Your mother agrees and they both forgot about what was important and got her a coffee. You father was clever enough to put his phone number on the coffee cup that she was drinking. He said good bye and wish that she won’t get fired for her job.

A little while later your mother rings him and said thanks for the coffee. She also meant that she own him a coffee as well because she spilled his. They met and had a coffee they got to know each other and fell in love. They had you and they were joyful and happy. She fell pregnant with you and they stay together until ......” Grandma didn’t finish the sentence.

“Why didn’t father ask Mother to married him?” I said turning to face grandma.

“Don’t know” was all grandma said. We watched the stars a bit longer before heading back inside. I went to bed and fell asleep thinking about my parents. I wish I could remember them.