Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Once we ate our lunch my friends and I headed back in the direction of the school. We walked across the main street and I tripped over my feet. I stumbles back caught myself before falling. I have very good balance. Walter and Lou laugh at me. It wasn’t funny anymore when Vito walks out of an alleyway near knocking Lou over. He looks happy like he has been satisfied.

“I’m sorry, but then again you might tell me to bugger off” He fixes his jacket and pulled his hood down from his head.

“You better be sorry.” Lou said.

I never seen Lou so mad or disliked anyone so much before. Vito just walks to the school leaving us in more of a miserable mood. He walks in front of us in more of a quick pace disappearing in no time. Walter was in my next class modern history. Lou had no more classes so she went home. Walters and I sat in class listening to the lecture of the teacher. Our seating was like our football stages with different levels of chairs. I sat in our usually chair and pulled out the side table that hides on the side of it. I pull my pen and paper out. Walter does the same. Mid lecture Vito walks in and takes a seat right in front of me. He smiles at me as he walks in.

“Why so late Mr Vito”

He smile and just shrugs.

“Ok” and the teacher smiled.

Walters leans in and whisper real quietly.

“That’s weird the teacher never let anyone gets away with being so late to his lectures.” Walters went returning to his normally position.

I nod in agreement. Ten minutes pass and Vito and the teacher were having a discussion about World War II. The class sat there and listened they didn’t care. It was better than always listening to the teacher bored craggy voice. Then the last question before the bell went surprised me. Not only did it surprise me but I believe Vito.

“It’s not like you live though World War II?” The teacher said sitting at his desk.

“I live thought at lot more than World War II” Vito said with a tone of truth.

The bell went and I packed up my things. I stood up and pen fell out of my bag. It hit Vito in the head.

“Sorry” The pen drop to the level where Vito was sitting. He quickly pick up the pen and stood up.

“That’s ok” and pass the pen over and I grab it. In the instant I touch his finger, I felt a strange felling. He felt it too I could tell when he looked at me confused. I shook my head and just quickly left his presence. Walter came chasing after me.

“What was that all about?” Walter saw was happen and could sense that they were something weird that happens when I touch him. I couldn’t explain it when I didn’t understand it myself.

“Nothing, what are you talking about” I show him a best fake smile and went to my locker. He just shook his head knowing that I was lying threw my teeth. 

“You lie I can tell” Walters said stopping me getting my bag out of the locker.

“I am not lying Walter now just let go of me.” I yank hard and he arm let go. I grab everything and put it in my bag. I threw the bag over my shoulders. I slammed my locker doors and the locker door fell off.

“Whoa” Walter said taking a step back. “You have some strength girl”

“I didn’t mean it” I pick up the locker door and notice that the hinges were still on the locker door and not on the main locker.

I took the locker door and pushed it hard back into my locker it bend the hinges but it stayed in place.

“Reminded me to go to the Principal about it.”  I said and looked over a Walter. Walters wasn’t looking at me or the locker but something behind me.

I turned and looked it was Vito. He had the perfect smiled slap on his face. He eyes were wide with excitement. “I’ve been looking for you for a very long time, Isa Shakarri.” He had his arm cross but still had the big smile on his face.