Chapter 30

We were back on the road again when Lou returned. She had to change because her victim was a bit of a squirmier. Walter didn’t pay attention to what Lou was saying about her victims. The window was up and the blue sky turns into a dark with thousand of stars. I sat on the side so I could look at the beauty of the stars. I was distracted when Lou said we were near to where we need to be.  It was dark and I was tired despite the nap that I had. Walter was more tired than I was and he asks if we can stay at a motel for the night.

“No, we continuing once we get the things that we need. You can sleep on the plane.”  Lou said. We drive though the city of Los Vegas.

“Please, can we get a hotel” Walter whined.

Lou sighed and looks over a Vito.

“What you looking at?” Vito asks taking his eyes off the road.

“Nothing” Lou said.

“Please” Walter said loud.

“Told you a pet is hard work, this pet it a whiner.”

“I am not your pet, or anyone else’s pet, I and a human being, the only real thing in this car.”  Walter said leaning back on the car seat. I look at him as he hurt my feelings.

“I am also human, so I’m real too”

Walter looks at me in disgust. “You are a half human, which mean you’re half real. Now can we please get a hotel, my neck sore, I hungry and want to sleep in a real bed with a pillow.”

“You’re hungry again, you just eaten not that long ago.” I said,

“Our pets going to cost us a fortune, if I knew we were having a pet, I would have brought some dog food, or do you like cat food?” Vito turns and smiles a Walter.

“Fuck off, will you” Walter screams.

“I’m scared; he might claw my face off” Vito smirks and turns to a dirty road.

“Where we going?”

“A hotel, like out pet want us too” Vito pulls up in to a small remote hotel.

“Finally” Walter opens the door and gets out walking straight to reception. Vito was out the car before Walter could blink. Vito stop him with put his hand on Walter skinny chest “Don’t forget we need to stay off the grid, let me sort out the rooms.”

“Don’t touch me, you filthy monster.” Walter swipes Vito hand out the way.

Vito nose flared and I notice that he was angry. Vito grabs Walter neck and lifts him off the ground. Walter scratches at Vito arm but he heals. Walter gasps for air, I scream. “Let him go Vito”

Vito lets go immediately and Walter hits the floor.

“You’re a bastard”

“I agree, stop doing that” I walk over to Vito and push him hard in the chest. Vito feel my power and I knew that I was stronger than I thought.

Vito looks at Lou and I look at Lou. I turn back and Vito wasn’t there anymore.

I help Walter up but he wouldn’t have a bar of me. “Get away. I’m capable”

Vito return with two keys to two rooms.

“There two room left, so I guess we’re are splitting up.” Vito looks at me with the key dangling in his hand as he held them up.

“Walter and I are sharing” I added quickly.
Walter looks over at me obviously surprise that I wanted him instead of Vito.

“What really can’t the pet stay with Lou” Vito said sounding very disappointed.