Prologue/Chapter 1

The Kiss of Blood:

Prologue.

“Are you ready to do this?” a voice said.

Vito just nods.

“You have to make sure that you find her.”

“Yes my lord”

“You vow to me that you will find her and that you will complete this task.”

“I vow to you that I will”

“Good boy, my good son Vito”

Vito kneels down before him, before his father.

I will not betray you, father” Vito whispers. 

Chapter 1

I am Isa Shakarri; I sat in an English lecture and listen to the teacher talk about the history of ‘Count Dracula”. I don’t believe in Vampires, why would I. I haven’t seen one and I don’t think I ever will. Vampires drinking peoples blood and cringes when their near a crucifix. It’s all bullshit. That’s what I think. I won’t believe it until I see it and if count Dracula came walking thought that door with someone in his hands drinking blood I will problely still won’t believe it. I’m not a true believer in most things not even Jesus Christ even though I wear a tiny gold crucifix around my skinny neck. Leaning back on my chair up on the top row of the lecture room, day dreaming. I can hear the teacher talking but in more of the background. I dream about what I am going to do when I get home.

“Miss Isa, Miss”

My best friend who sat next to me nudged my arm with her elbow.

“Huh?” waking up from my dream. I continue that question that she was asking me. “Well Count Dracula was an antagonist of Bram Stoker's 1897. He was considers an archetypal vampire. An archetypal means that it was a model after which other similar things are patterned. It’s a prototype, for an example; Frankenstein and Count Dracula are Archetypal because they are used in most horror movies and books.”

Ever student eyes were on me and I went red in the face. The teacher was stunned by my remark on the question that she asked. The entire student turns back to the teacher waiting for her to response.

“Well done Miss Isa, you got lucky this time. Next time please do look like your paying attention.” She said with a tone of concern in her voice

“Yes Miss”

I sunk lower in to my chair feeling the eyes of my best friend on me. The teacher continues to talk for a while. The bell went for home time and I quickly left the room. My best friend was right behind me.

“That was close Isa”

“Yeah tell me about it, Lou.”

Lou’s real name was Louella but I have always called her Lou and she like it that way.

“What were you day dreaming about this time.” Lou asked, trying to guess her combination to her locker.

“Vampires” I said hesitating.

I turn the lock Left 55, Right 30 and Left 10. My locker opens and I grab my bag and shove my books in there. I close my locker and Lou was still trying to remember her combination.

“You forgot it haven’t you?”

Lou just nod. I just rolled my eyes.

“Here let me.” I swung my bag over my shoulder and grab her lock.

Right 25, Left 00 and Right 45. The locker door open and Lou grab her stuff.

“Thanks” Lou said and swung her bag over her shoulder.

Lou was an average looking student at ‘Longnight high’. She had short brown hair and wore it down. She was shorter than me by a lot, she had a slender body and would probably fit in to a size 10 easily. Her eyes are the colour of hazel and her skin what evenly tanned. We talked at our lockers for a bit more and she said good bye and she’ll see me tomorrow. We go different direction when going home because Lou lives closed to the centre of town. I walk down “Long-night high” hall way. There was class room on either side of me with lockers. It was empty until Simon and his gang filled the hallway. I walked with my head low hoping that he and his gang wouldn’t take notice of me. I had my hand in my cargo army jacket. I had one of my earphones in not even listening to music. I tried to walk quickly but not too quickly to make it obvious that I was afraid.

“Oh look the pretty FREAK” and Simon shoved me in to the metal lockers. It didn’t hurt me which was good so I didn’t show pain on my face. Simon boy’s laughed. Simon rested his hands near my head and blocks me from getting anywhere.

“Where’s a pretty thing like you going?” Simon said leaning in and smelling my hair.

I gazed into his eyes; they were full of hatred and abuse. My light blonde hair was up in a simple pig tail and my fringes hung low and cuddle my face giving it some shape.

Simon moved his hands moving my fringe behind my ear. He strokes my face with his rough finger and touches my lips. His moves his fingers on my chin to lift my head up.

“Pretty Freak maybe you and I should have some fun. You should come to the party tonight. They’re going to be a bon fire in the middle of the school oval.” His voice creep me out with a low deep tone.

“I was planning to come” I said.

“Oh were you?” Simon raised his eye brows. “Good then we can have some fun.” And Simon boy’s laughed once again.

“But I was not going there to have fun with you.” I whisper looking at how his boy would react.

“Oh but we are going to have some fun. Aren’t we boys?”

The boys nodded and yeahed. The boys all had dirty smile and probably planning to rape an innocent tonight.

“Can I please go?” I said only asking nicely.

“Ok” and Simon moves both of his hands and arms from the sides of my head.

Simon step back and I started walking at a quick pace. It didn’t stop Simon for having some more fun. He grabs my hand and pushed me up against the lockers again.

“You better come tonight” and his dirty hand rubs my thighs.

My hands were free so I grabbed his groin.

“Maybe I won’t come.” I squeeze harder squashing his balls. Gripping it tighter.

“Ahhhh Bitch” Simon said letting go of me and trying to get me to release my grip.

I let go. Simon fell to the hallway floor. His boys watch him go down I got a chance to run.

“Get her!” Simon said in only breathless whisper from so much agony.

The boys ran off down the hallway chasing me. Ever since I was young I can ran fast, fast then any human I thought possible. I ran out the boys without breaking a sweat. Once I could tell that the boys had given up chasing me I slow to a walking pace.