Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 I walk down the empty road. It was forest land and on both side, trees cover most of the plains. Trees hid my Grandmother place and it was some distance from town. I turned to the right and entered a pathway that was a shortcut to my place. I knew the woods at the back of my hands. 

It was a little farm house with three bedrooms, a kitchen and dining room. I got home and when I walked in to the house you walk into an open lounge with a couch in the middle facing the door with two rocking chairs. We don’t have a TV because we can’t get a reception out here. Grandmother was sitting in one of the rocking chair. She was knitting a red blanket. See, red my favourite colour. Has been since I was little.

“Hey Grandma” and I threw my bag on the wooden floor and kissed my grandmother on the forehead.

“How was school my dear?”

“Same as usual.” I said walking straight pass her and grabbing an apple and shoved it in my cargo jacket pocket.

“You’re going shooting?” Grandma said without even turning around and seeing that I have opened the gun cabinet.

“Yes grandma”

“Make sure your back before dinner”

“Yes.” I grab a two hand gun with full magazine and a pump action shot gun. I kiss grandma on the fore head before leaving.

I walk out to a paddock that was surrounded by thick forest. I went to the fence where I practice shooting. I walked though the long grass and pick up five tin cans. I line then on the wooden fence. I walk back a few meters and hold my gun out to aim. I shoot them one by one and they fall. I never miss and never will miss. I line then back up again and this time I was farther away. I held my gun out and took my aim. I breathed in slowly and held my breath. I closed my eyes and shoot. I open my eyes and all the cans were down. I exhaled. I then see a pigeon sitting on the fence that I was shooting the cans on. I quietly walk toward the pigeon, I gracefully place every foot. I was now close enough to take a shot. I breathe in and held it. I aim and slowing pulls the trigger. I didn’t miss and got the pigeon. The pigeon fell but it was still alive. It was like I could still hear its heart beat trying to pump blood around it body. I walk up to the fence and the pigeon was having a fit. I grab the pigeon not worrying if I got blood on me. I just hit it in the lower chest.

“Oh you’ll poor thing.” I said even tho I was the one who shot it.

“Your suffering” I then looked up and stared in to the forest. I grabbed the pigeon neck and twisted it, ripping it off. The sound of the pigeon spine breaking made me close my eyes. The pigeon die immensely and pigeon blood was covering my hands. I didn’t squirm at the site of blood. It fascinates me. I don’t’ know why it does but I just think that it a pretty cool thing to have it flow though our bodies. It keeps everyone alive.

I threw the pigeon’s head away and then threw the body in the opposite direction. I pick up my guns and walked back to the house. I can feel the adenine pumping though my body and I want to run. I put the two hand gun in my cargo pocket and tie the shot gun around my body. I breathe slowly letting in more oxygen in my blood system and subsequently bound out in one leap. I was running watching the paddock and the trees fly pass me. I run faster and feel like I was hovering above the earth’s ground. With a breath that I take and the speed that I am running I am surprise that I didn’t join an athlete team. I continue running until I see my house. I stop taking a big breath. I didn’t break a sweat and I was still feeling pumped. I smiled and washed the pigeon blood of my hands from the tap outside. It was getting dark which I like. I walk in side and grandma has cooked dinner. Steak with steamed veggies. I sit down at the table and cut into my streak. Rare the way I like it. Blood just dripping out. I smiled and dig into my dinner.