Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I woke up early in the morning. I was wet, sandy and cold. The water was rising and I was lying in water. I sat up slowly to see and look around. The cliff was tall and I will have trouble climbing out with my broken arm. I looked at my arm and it wasn’t as swollen as I thought it might be. The water hole as I call it was a big hole in the earth's ground. It was a rocky cliffs covered in vines. The water came for deep within the ground because the water all nice and crystal clear. No organisms live within the water hole and the waters always refreshing. I grab my leather jacket that was near my feet. It was sandy and drench by the rising waters. I stood up and tried to find the hidden rope that I hung so it was easier to climb out. I move some vines and found the rope. I am strong and I climb out using one arm and my strong legs. I got to the top and I was now looking below at the hole. It was about 6 in the morning and grandma would be getting up soon. So I treaded back to the house with my leather jacket covering my broken arm. I thought about what Simon and his boy’s will think when I go to school today. I trenched in the long grassed paddock and jump over the fence. I went to my window and slip my fingers to lift the windows. I slid the window quickly and quietly and hopped inside. My bedroom was plain and boring only a few pictures of Lou and Walter. I peel my sandy and wet clothes off and hop in to bed. I got an hour before I have to get up and go to school. I just close my eyes and dream.

Grandma came in knocking on my bedroom.

"Yea" I whisper pulling the covers over my head. My arm still hurts and I was thinking of going to the doctors.

"Get up darling"

"Hmmm" I slowly got up and trek to the showers. I dress in my jeans and boots and wear a big baggy jumper. I dried my hair and put it up in a simple piggy tail. I grab a piece of fruit and went back to my bedroom before leaving for school. I knelt down and grab a box from under my bed. I had three different fake casts. I put it over my arm to help it give it support it should heal it a couple of weeks. I have broken bones before and I notice that I heal half the time that people do, some time I think I a different and not from this world. I hid my cast under my big jumper and walked to school. I never realized that the town that I live it was so small but we only have like two hundred student out our school maybe that why they don't make us wear school uniform. Walking out of the forest and on the empty road, I got to school and Walter and Lou was waiting for me. The bell has already gone.

"You don’t need to wait for me" I said as I got closer enough for them to hear.

"Nah we didn't want to go to homegroup" Walters said.

"OK" we stand there for a while longer before Lou noticing my cast.

"What happen this time, it about the thousand times you used that cast?”

"Simon’s boys were chasing me into the woods. So I jump off the water hole. I didn’t break my fall and I landed on my arm. I broke it" I said and just shrugged.

"What did the doctor say?" Walter said.

"Nothing I didn't go to the doctors." I smile and walked in between them.

They both looked at each other before saying anything. "What do you mean you didn't go to the doctors?" They both said following me threw the school doors.

"I didn't need to I will be healed in a couple of weeks."

"A broken arm at less takes 4 to 6 week to heal" Walter said.

"I know that, but I am not normal" I said turning around and facing them. They know how fast I can heal so why they keep going on about it. "Now can we drop the subject?"

"OK" Lou said looking down.

"Yep" Walter said.

I turn back to face the other way to head toward our first class.

The bell went for our first lecture and the hall filled up quickly. I went to my locker and Lou followed. Walter said good- bye and he said he will catch up with us at recess. I put the book out that I needed and put my bag and the rest back. The hallway was noisy and loud from the student talking and yelling. I had Art next and I was excited. I help Lou open her locker again and said that I will see her at recess. The hallway empty pretty quickly and I just walk the empty halls. Simon and his boys came around the corner behind me and I turn to look.

"Oi Freak I wanna talk" he said yelling it across the hall.

I ran up the stairs and his boys chase after me. There caught up too me grabbing my arm and carried me down the stairs again to see Simon. He's knee was in a brace and he looked at me if I was surprise to see him.

"Thanks for this. You dislocated my knee and you torn some ligaments.” He point at his braced knee.

"Well I guess that makes us even then, because when you boys chased me yesterday I slip and fell in that bloody water hole and broke my arm. You didn’t even look to see if I was dead."

"On no we are not even, not until I make you scream." Simon said with his dirty ugly smile.

"Let go of me or I will scream."

"We better let her go to class or her teacher with ask why?"

Simon walks up to me and grabs my face in his hands. He squeezed hard and looked deep in to my eyes.

"Don’t mess with me princess because all you are all bark but no bite" He let go and I could tell that there a red marks on my face. The boys moved and I went to walk away. The boys turn to head to class. I turned back around and kick the knee that I kick yesterday. This time he fall hard and I can hear a crack and a pop. He screams and I flee. I ran up the stair taking two steps at a time. I ran down the long hallway before stopping and steadying my breathing. I open the door and the lecture hasn't even started yet. The teacher looks over at me. The class was in a circle with their easel and paint. I turned red in the face quickly then went to my easel.

"Why you are so late to class, Miss Isa"

"I just broken my arm last night and I had to get a cast.

I show her my cast and she nodded.

I put my bag down beside my chair and look toward the teacher.

"Everyone this is Vito. He’s just come in the semester and I would like you to make him welcome"

I stare at him. I feel like I know him from somewhere. He had neither short nor long hair. It was the colour of black like the midnight sky. It was spike up and stiff with hair products. He looked strong and had an amazing body. All the girls were staring at him. He wore a plain black shirt with jeans, his eyes were a dark brown but from my angle it looks as if they were black. He had a handsome face and you can tell that he works out a lot.

"Please take a seat and I think you can catch up"

 He walks over to an empty easel which was next to me.   I rolled my eyes as all the girls gave me dirty looks.

"Ok now this week we are doing the "Art of the masculine body. We have our special model that was nice enough to let us draw him or paint him."

A handsome man walks in the room with a robe on. He stands in the middle of the room. He took his robe off and all the girl gasp and giggle. I didn’t. It not the first time I saw a male’s man hood. He got in to a comfortable position facing me. Front on. This is going to be fun to draw. I started sketching and the new guy leans over.

"Hey, my name is Vito Gilbert, nice to meet you."

I turned and stare at him awkwardly. Is he talking to me? I raised an eye brow and turn back to my easel. I can’t believe that he started to talk to a freak like me.