Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I woke up to just another day of school. This time Walters wasn’t going to be there because of the broken ribs that he had got from Vito. I got up without trouble and headed towards the kitchen. Grandma was already up cooking breakfast.

“Morning” I said and sat at the table. The table was full of fresh fruit and pancakes. I grab a pancake and covered it in fruit. I scoop a doulp of cream and plop it on top. The cream make a pop sound making me giggle.

“You’re so immature” Grandma said and sitting down across from her granddaughter.

I smile and cut it to my pancake.

“It Walter going to be at school today?” Grandma said. She was very fond of Walter he always came over to my place and it was like grandma have a grandson. 

“NO”

“Why he never misses school” Grandma said grabbing herself two pancakes.

“He broken a couple of ribs” I said forgetting to tell him that Vito was the one who broke his ribs.

“How?” Grandma said stopping what she was doing and paying her full attention on me.

“Football” I didn’t know why I felt the need to lie to her but I didn’t was Vito to get in trouble. Why am I sticking up for the bloke? He was the one who broke my best friend’s ribs. I still want to find out who he is?

“Walters doesn’t play football?” Grandma said studying my face.

“He doesn’t but one of the new player thought he did so the new footballer tackle him hard into the ground.”

“Ouch” grandma said not sounded convinced.

“Is true you can even ask him yourself.” I said and taking another bite of my pancake. It bit it to a strawberry and I dribble strawberry juice and cream. I used my tongue to quickly catch the dribble. 

“ I believe you” Grandma ate her pancake and I ate mine.

I got ready it to a black leggings and boots with my black long jumper that had on “Vampires Suck My Blood” with some lip and fangs.

I shove my blonde hair up and grab my bag. My pink cast was still on and Grandma didn’t say anything in particular about it.

I walk out and walk the same road as yesterday. Lou was waiting for me and we both go to homegroup.  I left early to go see the principal about my locker door. I explain that it has come off the hinges and that I will think it should be fixed.

“It's already fixed Miss Isa.”

I looked at him confused.

“Vito fixed it. He said it was an easy job” The principal said.

The principal was an old man with barely any hair. He wore glasses and a suit. His room was full of drawing and year level school photo's. There were book cases which were filled up with books.

“When?” I quickly asked.

“Yesterday after school, why?”

“Oh nothing, thank you” and I quickly ran out the door.

I went straight to my locker. I open it and saw that nothing was missing. The hinges looked pretty well done.

“I hope you like it?” Vito asked me.

“I turned around and he was standing there in the leather jacket that he wore yesterday. He now wore a white top with some kind of pattern on it. He wore dark blue jeans. He eyes look as if there were black.