f i f t y . t w o

"Bring me all of the meds you found at Alice's Pharmaceuticals since you fasty-handsies managed to fetch them before me

"Bring me all of the meds you found at Alice's Pharmaceuticals since you fasty-handsies managed to fetch them before me."

Jungkook was in a frenzy, trashing Jin's office while the older gladly gave access at the hospital for a suitcase full of neatly-placed red pills. Shades of crimson shine in Jungkook's hazel orbs as he tightens his jaws.

The antidote for Lewisite.

As he marches his way out of the hospital with Jin impatiently waiting for him in the car, he thinks about what Daehyun would do if he got his hands on the drug and also, the suitcase full of antidotes that he's hugging in his hands. He got the powerful drug in his hands that can literally send people to heaven within a single inhale. But maybe, the strength of Lewisite may not be the content in the capsule itself but rather, what Jungkook is having. Because what can be more remorseful than dying because of a curable disease? Having the antidote and that godforsaken pill, Daehyun can control the world and let it rot with fear and greed.

Jin's car comes to a halt. A red light. Time is ticking as Jungkook looks at the changing numbers on the streetlights, anxiously calming his rapid heartbeat when he thinks of Jimin. He is not in good condition, but will the older do anything further harming him? Will Daehyun keep his promise? Will Jimin be threatened with Lewisite since Daehyun is still possessing the drug? The only vision he could think of now Jimin's chilly face, eyes blow wide, laying in his own pool of blood.

"C'mon Kooks, positive thoughts." Closing his eyes to push away the fear as he calms himself down.

The red hues finally switches to green but Jin isn't budging one bit. He keeps stopping at the same position with his hands loosely on the staring wheel. Jungkook doesn't know if Jin overlooked the streetlights so he looks over at the older. His eyes straightforward on the pebbled road as he lets car engine roar.

"I know what you're thinking, Kookie," Jin breathes out, as if a weight is lifted from his chest. "That why we're not moving because Jimin is in trouble and the such..."

Seokjin looks over a doe-eyed Jungkook. Seeing that the younger is seizing the suitcase of antidotes more tightly than before, he sighs and looks at Jungkook reassuringly:

"It's your hyung, Jungkook. I won't stab you in the back."

Jungkook relaxes. Maybe, he shouldn't have doubted the older, he should cut it out. As if being skeptical and hot-headed with Jimin isn't enough.

"The thing is, you're like a little bro to me, Kooks. I treat the others like a family, including Jimin..." Jin says, his eyes are fixed on the horizon, with cars moving and honking blaring from afar. Streetlights are switching slowly as if lazily enjoying the chilly afternoon breeze. "I know that you care about the pinkie alot. However, taking matters to your own hands, in this case, is far more dangerous than the other cases you handled."

"I know butー"

"I don't give a flying fuck about Daehyun daring to kill all of us, or you trying protect the rest by putting yourself out as a shield." Jin breathes out lazily but his eyes tell otherwise, the younger can see the courageous Seokjin who's ready to dive headfirst into everything. The older looks over him and his eyes flick to the back of his silver pickup cabin crew, after which Jungkook whips his head back only to be met by his closest colleagues, or more correct, his family, climbing on the trunk behind them. Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, even chief Yoongi is there, all neatly cladded in jet black bulletproof wear. They head on making loud noises of greetings by thumping the driver's cab with their palms, also waving at Jungkook and Seokjin. Jungkook is still taken aback by the sudden backup. He's not new with policemen coming for support, yet, maybe he's surprised because for once Seokjin told him that. Maybe he should pay attention to others more, maybe he shouldn't take this backup for granted and maybe he shouldn't be callous or so damn heartless to everyone the whole time, or to his so-called family for the least. He just smiles approvingly to everyone in the back outside and looks over at Seokjin, who is also loading up two revolvers.

"So, what do you say?" Seokjin looks at him, his engine starts to roar more loudly than before after throwing Jungkook one of his loaded handguns.

"Let's get this over with."

"Can you hear me clear?"

Jungkook is standing westside to the building - abandoned Arirang skyscraper, now covered in mold, broken sheets of protruding glass and grayed walls. The building reeks the light smell of wet moss and haunt, which makes Jungkook clicks his tongue in annoyance. The fuck why is it so quiet and he doesn't even get a reply from the others while he's standing in the middle of nowhere. With thick masses of green and vast shades of grass, Jungkook slowly and painstakingly approaches the building, earbuds still in.

"Yeah, we're all ready, the men are on your back, your underling is waiting for you in the backdoor for safety." The green is fading into a more scorching, cracking dirt trailing to the building. He approaches it, pebbles cracking beneath his leather boots.

"My underling? I do haー?"

Suddenly, he halts.

A soft clicking noise of a pistol loading can be heard as Jungkook steadily and slowly reaches his revolver belted on his waist. His hawk eyes dart everywhere, searching for signs of his enemy.

"Jungkook?"

"Sh." The younger quietly hushes Taehyung's voice on the other line. "I'm going in."

Yet, when he steps forward, sounds of clicking become more permanent. With seconds of clicking, Jungkook hurriedly whips out his handgun and points it towards the building, where more than two folds the amount of bodyguard Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency has. He curses under his breath and manages to shuffle around, guns still pointing at him and he will be nothing but a dead corpse if he moves one more step.

"Backup, now!"