t h i r t y . s e v e n

"The Crow chose suicide?" 

Jungkook nods in approval as he sits on his swivel chair, back laid down all tired as he uses the back of his palm to shield his itching eyes from bright light. He's in dire need of a break from computers and files but the situation isn't helping him any further, he knows the Agency is reaching its peak in the mummification case and he doesn't want anyone because of him to concern or to ruin what they've made to so far. Jungkook's closest colleagues and two new companions are summoned to the first floor by their chief to further discuss what they've discovered lately after the party host's suicidal. 

"It must be that he chose ending his life over letting anyone know about the drug..." Hoseok bluntly says, which earns a nudge from Jimin as he explains that Jungkook has already known about the identity of the drug - a vital aspect that makes the suicidal reason seem to be too irrational to be true. 

Jungkook rushes upstairs and quickly but carefully slithers his way into the navy-lit room to see the Crow and Alice heading into one of the rooms. Alice is smiling at him, showing the faint burnt scar she got due to her failed experiments after the Crow unlocks the door for her and motions for her to go in. The cop waits for both of them to vanish behind the doors before he crouches down and dashes next to the door, enough for him to make out what they're talking about since there're only two people in the room, or so they thought. Clinking of wine glasses are heard after Jungkook takes a peek inside the small diamond-shaped window designed on the door.

"Please look here, at the results of the research."

The Crow is sitting beside Alice, attentively watching the obviously drunk people who are getting high on the drugs plated colorfully on the matted table, one hand he's twirling the glass of wine between his fingers. The only object barricading them from the crowd is a sheet of glass.

"They are indeed, the addicts, that are driven by the deceiving look of the drug..." Alice speaks as she traces her finger along the rim of her wine glass, eyes concentrated on the woman who's looking in the glass to adjust her sparkly jewelry before a man shows up and kisses her neck. "And they all rushed here to test our new product with apparent glee."

"Well then, let them serve as our test subjects..." The Crow coldly says as he snaps his fingers and Alice looks at him almost charmingly, combing her fingers through her flaming quiff before speaking into the microphone with a sickly honeycomb-sweet voice. "It is time, ladies and gentlemen, we will be presenting the new drug you have all been longing for!"

Jungkook continues to observe when he hears loud howls, affirming whistles and rounds of applauses interlaced with laughter muffled behind the doors. He sees Alice's thin lips twist into a grin when three crow-masked men approaches from the corner of the room with each a tray in their hands and a piece of luxurious purple cloth on top to cover what's on the tray. The three figures line up, later standing next to each other with the center man stepping forward as he hears words coming from the speakers. 

"Up here is the drug finally perfected after our company's painstakingly long years of research.

And its name - Lewisite."

Jungkook tilts his head to further grasp the image of the nefarious drug they were talking about and captured in his hawkish eyes was a glass ashtray of which cloth was removed just seconds prior. He can't make out the characteristics of the drug. However, he can tell how small it is since it looks completely unidentifiable in the hand-sized ashtray. Just after the swift moment of the anonymous man who is holding up the pill-like drug - characteristic number one, the flock of swanky rich people starts to approach it with lust burning in their stomachs.