f i f t e e n

A/N: salt + tae = saltae
I apologize for my jamless-ness :')

Jimin listens to the sound of his jet black combat boots click on the dusty sidewalk as he trolls behind Jungkook, following him to the police station that situates on the corner of the road. His mind wanders back to the day he was jailed temporarily. Four white walls trap him into a tight enclosure. He observed the workers on the floor closely, how relaxed they were in the break but quickly reverted to their busy and compelling state when recess ended. The male with brunette hair and circular spectacles that made him seemed so soft and likable, the unusual but intimate relationship between a dominant one with cheesy pickup lines and the other one with lame dad jokes, the almost familiar presence of a friendly blonde female with an almost foreign Korean accent and the faint image of a raven-haired chief who's quiet but decisive; all of them rush to Jimin like waves crash into the sandy shore. He smiles at the memory and realizes that the floor wasn't as hellish as he thought it once was since now the floor is going to have another new member.

"Oof- Jungkook, why did you stop?" Jimin fixes his pink hair and takes a few steps back from the lanky maknae. 

"We're here, that's why I stopped." Jungkook explains blankly and points to a tall building with cyan doors and a golden badge embedded to it. Jimin looks at the building in astonishment due to the size. He never noticed it the first time he came here because it was too dark and he was manhandled by this muscled kid standing beside. He also notices the club where he's working is just a few kilometers away, just around the corner and mostly hidden in a dark nook formed by two streets. This neighborhood looks peaceful, just what he likes, but it lacks human contact. Only a few minutes ago, the middle-aged florist who lives across his flat waved at him and oh how he missed it so much.

"Did you tell your boss friend we're going to investigate the club sooner this night?" Jungkook asks when he notices Jimin looking at the end of the road which Jungkook knows is Jimin's workplace.

"Yeah," Jimin answers. His voice seems to echo. "I told him last night. Bar still opens at 9 as usual but I recommend you come at midnight, that's when it's pretty packed so that you'll have a better view..."

Jungkook compliments him out of the blue. "You seem to take this seriously."

"So?"

"It's just that no one besides my floor takes this as seriously as you would." He tucks his hands into his pockets and shrugs, stating the working fact at the police station. "To be honest I hate working with other people and maybe it's quite a long time since I last worked with someone so... first impression, I guess."

"Is that so then thanks." Jimin replies back and looks at the cyan door, implying that Jungkook should open it and let them in instead of being outside for ages, which is making his feet sore from all the walking. Jimin decides to open up to Jungkook after he confessed a thing about himself. "Have you ever been to a bar?"

"What do think, like I must be eighteen to enter a club?" Jungkook closes the door and chuckles. 

"Then I guess you did come." Jimin takes a look at the inside of the building. Seemingly similar to what the previous floor he entered resembles. "Had fun?" 

"Not a bit. I only came there for work." Jungkook peels of his coat and hangs it on his arm, veins trail on them inferring his unbeatable strength. "With an older colleague of course, he prevented me from falling for the women who 'seduced' us to drink, that's what he called." 

"Hm.. snakeus." Jimin mumbles and thinks of slutty girls in a bar he once had to enter when he was younger. "I guess you'll have fun tonight. There're a handful of girls at the bar."

"I don't like girls." 

"You.. what?"

"It's just that I don't like them..." Jungkook trails off as they continue to walk up the spiral staircase that leads up to their floor. 

"Why?" Jimin asks out of curiosity but only to earn an answer that puts him off his stroke. 

"Because they're not likable. And stop asking why, or else I'm not talking anymore." 

With that, Jimin stays quiet, gazing at Jungkook's broad back that, without a sound, walks upstairs. He thinks of what Jungkook said before and can't help but to feel mixed emotions. He's extremely happy and he secretly wonders if he's gay, if that's so then Jungkook can be his next target. Honestly, He lied about the fact that Devil's Curse is a normal bar. It's actually a gay one, very very gay one to be exact and he continues to feel nothing but pure excitement while counting the hours to midnight. They finally came to a stop in front of another door, which Jimin assumes that this is his floor, where he mostly works in. He looks at Jungkook, which earns himself a comforting gaze back and somehow, Jimin feels safe and his heart slows down from the rapid beats before.

"Hello hyungs." Jungkook cheerily greets after telling Jimin to come in. He fumbles with the hem of his white tee due to nervousness. 

"Kookie? I thought it's your day-off today." "The glasses one" spoke up, raising his eyebrows. "Oh, and is that a little friend of yours?"

"He's the one you paired me up to work with." Jungkook looks behind him, seeing Jimin's looking at the marbled floor while his ears blare up a reddish shade. He mentally coos at the cute sight and nudges his petite hyung with his elbow. 

"H-Hi, I'm J-Jimin." The pink-haired male stutters, taking the signal Jungkook gave him. "I'm twenty-two."

"Oh, you're the small bean in their a few days ago..." "The dad jokes one" shuffles closer to him and wraps his an arm around his shoulders. "I'm Seokjin by the way but you can call me Jin, for short. I'm the oldest here and your chocolate cookie over there is still the youngest."  

"H- Hello, hyung." Jimin smiles cutely as Jin leads him to the center where the rest of everybody are, Jungkook following him smiling fondly at him behind.

"You don't have to stutter," Jungkook whispers in his ears which he flinched and blushes right after. "We don't bite here..."

That makes Jimin relaxes a bit, his shoulders changes from stiffen to a rested state.

".. But in bed with you I will."

He snaps his head over to see Jungkook grins from ear to ear and winks cheekily at him. As if his skin is thick like the wall of The Great Wall of China. He hits Jungkook's fit abs playfully as they encounter the rest. A fainted blush still rests on his cheeks.

"I'm Namjoon, his boyfriend." "The dominant one" says with a sonorous tone and snakes his arm around Jin's waist making him flinch while everyone fake-gag at them.

"Go get a room, you two." The tousled raven-haired male shots back at them, looking at Jimin with his piggy eyes filled with.. sleepiness? Of course, when Jimin walked in, he was still digging his face in a white comfy pillow. "Chief Yoongi, nice to meet you." 

"Taehyung," Jimin looks at the brunette-haired boy. A friendly and boxy smile is drawn on his face, suits his structured jawline. He puts out a hand for Jimin to shake, which he gladly returns with a firm handshake and this makes his eyes go crescents. Everything is beyond perfect and he hopes that this case will be put an end soon, with friendly colleagues that'll always be on his side and a 'Jungkook' in all other 'Jungkook's who is though a little difficult to approach but once you get to know him, he'll be the most ideal person to work with...

Jimin is in cloud nine and it seems as if everything around him was in a hazy shade of pink. Until he notices...

A piercing cold gaze with devilishness-held irises coming from Taehyung.