t h i r t y . t w o

Gusts of fresh autumn wind play with tall, amber branches. The sky seems to be clearer, bluer, devoid of the puffy clouds and sultry atmosphere from summer rains and maybe the sun too, softens and melts after being through the scorching hot weather as it drips honey down the sidewalk and wraps immeasurable buildings with sheets of golden silk. Sunlight filters through Jimin's room as it travels and sprawls itself towards every nook and cranny of the room, sticking a frown on Jungkook in the process. Chestnut brown bursts through his thick lashes as his view focuses on the unfamiliar ceiling of someone else's room, but he doesn't give two fucks about the situation he's currently in - which is a weird but warming sensation. With a warm, orange sweatshirt that smells like strawberries and a pillowy Jimin hyung being cuddled safely in his arms, he's dead sure that he had the first and most enjoyable slumber throughout all the years he's been a cop. His eyes travel down the pink-haired male who's still sleeping, maybe tired from all the "cleaning" he did last night. His soft cheeks are pressed onto the pillow they shared, thick lashes slightly flutter and his pink plump lips parted, fists balled not so tightly as his petite figure is curled into a ball, which makes him even smaller and cuter. Jungkook's hand reaches up and softly pets Jimin's hair which earns a groan from him and the younger mentally smiles at him slapping away his hand, displaying an adorable pout after shuffling to the other side. Jimin sleeping is his aesthetic. 

Now that he replays the memories while sitting on the edge of the bed, creaking dangerously as he did so. He can't believe it, Jimin isn't the person he used to think he was. Jungkook thought he was a prostitute and would take advantage of others while they're drunk, which in this situation, Jungkook felt relieved and guilty. Thank God Jimin didn't touch him where he didn't want to and although, the younger feels a pang of guilt whenever he looks at the pink-haired dancer he always thought bad of, crying, all because of his being selfish and not willing to give somebody a second try to reach his heart. Jungkook mentally hates himself for his actions, he thinks of Jimin as a sin, mentally and physically but after what Jimin has done to him, he rethinks. He helps him do the work, without him there would be no cigars and no next step. He helps him reach Kim Jisoo - a bartender at his place and also, without him, maybe the friendship between him and Lisa will come to an end. He even cleans Jungkook without touching inappropriately as the younger touches the orange sweatshirt. Jimin is not just an aesthetic, he's the key to the lock of his heart.

"You're leaving?" 

Jungkook's head whips over to see Jimin's phoenix eyes bore into his, his pink fluffy hair unkempt and his voice is a deeper tune than usual, reminds him of the first day he came here with the sandwiches and homemade lemon tea.

"N-no, why did you ask?" Jungkook trails off, he didn't know whether if it's because Jimin's breathtaking bed hair or if the question and what he's thinking that makes him stutters. Jimin nods and looks away, heading to a cupboard to fetch himself a toothbrush, squirting a fine amount of toothpaste and brushing his teeth with one hand while the other rummaging through the small space after beckoning Jungkook over, which he obediently does to Jimin's surprise. Jimin gives him a toothbrush, points to the toothpaste resting on the sink and leaves him the rest. 

"T-thank you, hyung." Jimin sees the blush creeping onto Jungkook's face as he lightly smiles and nods, turning on the faucet to have water splashing down the cup.

"I think we should go for a visit at Dae-Hyun's." 

Jimin looks over at Jungkook drying his hair. The older is currently in the kitchen, watching over the scrambled eggs he decided to make for his so-called friend. Why he's saying that because he just can't keep the heat from engulfing his entire face and the ugly self-downgrading from yesterday's memories. He hides his face from the big square-ish space that can peek into the kitchen, different from his habit of ducking his head down and looking at the one who's making a conversation. He asks, wondering if Jungkook forgot to ask something that day. What? Geniuses can make mistakes. "Is there something you forgot to ask?"

"No." The younger tries hard to keep the conversation rolling, after putting on Jimin's oversized black tee that fits him just fine. "I guess that you don't want to spy on Lisa and Jisoo or lazying around in the flat." 

Jimin ducks down a bit to peek at him and say no because he simply wants to do nothing and having no company on a no-doing day is great, just when Jungkook pokes his head him, startling him with his innocent doe eyes. Oh no... Don't.

"You don't want to hyung?" Jungkook stares at him with big, puppy eyes that glisten and sparkle marvelously under daylight, the darkish chestnut seems to be browner and his pupils dilated, which make them all the more similar to the rare obsidian rocks he has seen on tv. Jimin tries his best to tear his gaze and look away but he just couldn't.

"Fine fine." Jimin lets out a breathy laugh while waving his hand, taking a grasp of the pan's handle as he dunk it into the sink and washing his hands after plating the eggs and serving it to Jungkook who is helping Jimin setting the forks, bread and jam on the table. "Like after breakfast?" 

"Yeah, if you want to..." Jungkook looks at him shyly and Jimin wonders why but he finds this side of him cute, not the usual cocky and dictating way he used to be. "I mean, I shouldn't have forc-"

"Of course I'll go with you Jungkook," Jimin says silencing him with his eye-smile. 

"I'd love to."