e i g h t

A/N: I rose up from the dead (TayTay references be like) :>>

Tmr I'm having a 45-minute quiz and I'm still typing away :))

psst... wish me luck >.o and enjoy the update.

It will undeniably be an understatement if Jungkook denied that he hadn't been feeling uneasy from the burning stares he received because his face is heating up and he keeps screwing up the words that he typed on the computer documents and recently, he spots a very slightly-not-so-slightly mistake of mistyping "due to coke consumption" into "due to cock consumption".

He just wants to smash face-first into the computer keyboard and he does it with no regrets afterwards, making Tae rush over and asks if he needs to cool his head down.

Jungkook gives one last glance at the cell to see the culprit giving up on stabbing him with hard stares, seeing him in deep thoughts and since he doesn't notice him closely supervising his actions, Jungkook continues to look at him while sipping his coffee. The bitterness lingers on his tongue. He sees the prisoner's eyes show blankness while his whole body slides down the torn-down and cracked walls until all Jungkook can see is the fluffy pink ball of hair swaying lightly to the breeze. He sensed the loneliness in his blank eyes and the hopelessness when he slid down, hiding most of his body from everyone and he can't help but to feel bad for the boy.

Just a slight bit, a tipsy teeny tiny bit sorry for him.

A deafening bang followed by some loud shuffles fill the room's serene atmosphere. Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook are all startled by the sudden abruption and they turn to see Seokjin, panting and breathing his lungs out. His hair is a mess from the running and dashing from the ground to the highest floor, a few beads of sweat trickle down his forehead which he gently wipes them off with his sleeves. 

"What happened Jinnie?" Namjoon sounds worrying while rushing over to check his condition. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not." Jin says between his breaths and Jungkook pushes back his chair to allow him access to Seokjin's current announcing place, which is in the center of the floor. "And you'll be too after going through this."

Jungkook, Taehyung and Namjoon gaze down at what Jin is holding in his hands. It's a crimson file, not thick like the yellow nor blue ones but this time, it is thin since there're only a few sheets of paper in it. However, their faces all switch into serious mood when they see the shade of deep red, which is a recent case that is an emergency to be detected. These files were scarce in the past few years, even none but to Jungkook's surprise, other floors deciding to use the crimson file in labelling the documents is a mostly important and severe issue so he can't hide his curiosity and a bit worry when receiving the file.

His heart drops and his eyebrows scrunch together in discomfort.

"What is it Kookie?" Taehyung looks over his shoulder.

"A case of mummification." Jungkook purses his lips into a thin line. "It was reported a few minutes ago by a group of bystanders and most of them were sellers witnessing the scene."

"The crime scene is being carefully supervised and the details are being further detected by chief Yoongi and the patrol team," Seokjin said, rubbing his temple. "The chief has just called me and demanded everyone to gather into the meeting room to further discuss about the reports and upcoming investigations."

"Then we need to rush out of here fast," Taehyung says in a deep voice when he hears continuous stomping and non-stop shuffling on the other side of the door.

"Let's go."

"Where are you going?"

Jungkook's breath hitches secretly when he hears the almost inaudible voice and knows who it belongs to since he's very near the cell. He is behind Tae so when he stops, Taehyung swivels back and asks what's wrong with him but Jungkook shrugs it off and replies with a genuine smile before shooing him away to converse with the criminal.

"Is that your problem?" Jungkook twists, not looking back after waiting for Taehyung to leave.

"Well, no," Jungkook hears the metallic creaks of the jail bars and looks back to see the prisoner sitting in a position like he was in yesterday. "Curiosity, that's all."

"You mean nosiness?" Jungkook shrugs and leans back on the wall beside where the pink-haired male is seating with his hands tug in his denim pockets.

"It's called caring about other people, narcissistic officer."

"Well thank you so much for caring, busybody."

"You're welcome, thick-skinned."

"Anytime, seducer."

They both roll their eyes and glare at each other. Sparks of fire secretly flies and seemingly the argument never dies down.

"Look here, I'm just asking where the hell you're going to and look at where we are now!" The criminal exclaims.

"I don't care but I do care about you sparking this argument up!" Jungkook creases his eyebrows, not wanting to lose.

"It wasn't my fault you decided to answer!" Jimin extends his hands and dangles them down after. "And it definitely was not my fault you decided to sneer me!"

Jungkook rolls his eyes and glances at the watch to see that he doesn't have much time left, only two more minutes until the meeting officially starts and that's the perfect amount of time for him to rush to the meeting room where Yoongi-hyung is waiting. He needs to end this conversation fast and an idea pops into his mind though a little perverted but if that was what the criminal reap then it would be what he sowed.

You mess with the wrong person, pretty boy.

Not waiting for another second, he smacks the criminal's thighs signaling him to be silent which earns what he wants, silence. But the criminal looks at him with wide eyes and raises his eyebrows.

"What the-"

And the young cop snakes over the prisoner's ear, whispering in a husky voice while his big hands gripping the boy's meaty but firm-muscled thighs.

"Looking at your thighs makes me wanna smack them," And he looks at the male with glazed doe eyes while licking his lips. "They're hot enough to burn a forest, babe."

The pink-haired male stares at the young cop. Seeing he successfully silenced the male with his charms, Jungkook flashes an innocent bunny smile, which is an enormous contrast with what happened seconds ago. After the officer left, Jimin feels flustered. He feels okay with what the drunk men in the club did to him and maybe smacking thighs wasn't even enough to make him blush profusely like he is now. With simply one subtle move that Jimin feels so tingly, he doesn't know what will come to him next.