f o r t y . f o u r

"Jesus fucking Christ, I know that Jimin is a fucking great kisser alright!?"

Jungkook startles due to the sudden outburst of the brunette male sitting face-to-face with him, next to whom is his giggling orange-haired friend trying desperately hard to contain his laughter. The young cop is currently sitting in his working space, to be correct, room, with his friends: Taehyung and Hoseok with only one job, waiting for the line to pick up any unusual signals from the Patrol team. The team is now scanning the place where the company is planning to mass-produce the drug that Jungkook eavesdropped. Fortunately, the proportions and characteristics of the drug are copied into what is now the green rectangle worming with streaks of lights. Weird place and not meeting Jungkook's expectations, to be honest. Why would the criminal want to hide confident information in this piece. It could be that Rosé used to be its guardian but in no way it could be that easy to get information, even Taehyung is overly astonished by how easy it was to break the security.

"Calm your dick down it's not like you're jealous of them, right?" Hoseok says out of the blue when he witnesses the outburst with a calming attitude, which makes Taehyung throws his arms in the air instead of retorting back. 1-0. "Well, Jimin has that 'great kisser' thing since we were... kind of knee-high to a grasshopper." Hoseok does some air quotations, making the younger wonder how many people the older has kissed or whether Hoseok has kissed him yet to know such useful information.

"Don't worry, that guy he hooked up with was kind of the celeb in school so he was entitled with that." Hoseok shrugs calmly, which makes Jungkook notice from the bundle of thoughts swirling around the image and sensation of Jimin's soft pink lips. It was succulent and smooth, even sweeter than the maple syrup that drips down when he nibbles and bites down on his bottom lip. "Haven't seen him ever since."

"Oh, Namjoon," Taehyung nearly shoots out from his seat when he catches the signal. The sudden action catches the attention of Jungkook and Hoseok, cutting the youngest out of his train of thoughts. They wait in anticipation as Taehyung scrunches his eyebrows at what they are listening via his earbuds. The room turns awfully and abnormally quiet with only the sound of the ceiling fan dying the serene air as the buzz of Tehyung's earbuds ring. Hoseok quickly reaches over Taehyung to turn up the speakers instead of keeping the volume and information safe and pouring into Taehyung's ears only.

"Since when did I allow you to touー"

"Shh," Jungkook signals Taehyung when he hears Namjoon's voice filling the quietness of the room, full of frantic and anxiety. It was almost giving Jungkook the worst feeling that he predicted from the previous sleepless nights.

"Tae, can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear." Jungkook answers instead of Taehyung though the question clearly directs to the brunette male, who seems totally fine with it but not Hoseok. He squints his eyes in disbelief at Taehyung for the unequal treatment just then, not letting the time affecting his intentions to befriend a cute and gleeful, mysteriously seductive boy. "Tae, me and Hoseok wants some info about your doing over there, is it fine?"

"It's actually perfect because I want to report something to both of you and Hoseok, you're of great help to identify a few types of drugs for the crime scene." Namjoon's voice turns deep and hurried, a far cry from the usual bubbly tone at the station, when it is a crimeless, normal day. Hoseok, upon mentioning his name, folds his legs and straightens his back on the swivel before catching a glimpse of Taehyung staring at him but quickly averts his attention to the computer screen after being caught.

"What's hot?" Hoseok says, a smirk is plastered on his lips curving upwards.

"Like I've said, the team has found a fuckload of drugs in the company but the characteristics of Lewisite, which you guys said to be in a safe with the code of xxx/xxxx/xx." Namjoon calmly breaks down the situation the whole team is paralyzed in. "I know this sounds paranoia but the characteristics of Lewisite here don't fit what we had identified at the station."

"Are you sure though?" Jungkook doubtfully retorts, it couldn't be. He's sure that Lewisite has got to be in there for some reason or else it would be a scam and what they did will be leading to nowhere but a dead end. "What have you guys found?"

"No capsule pills or drugs," Namjoon answers, disappointment laces in his voice for not accomplishing his goal of finding their last destination. "The only thing that the team found is some type of pill that has white powder inside a capsule. Here I'll send it to you."

No more than three seconds, a picture pops up from Taehyung's computer screen as the three scramble to take a closer and more thorough look at what Namjoon and his team is observing. The drug on the picture is taken with a flash and it is indeed with white powder as it appears under their eyes.

"Anything familiar with you Hosoek?" Taehyung voice croaks when he sees Hosoek does nothing but stares blankly at the picture. What he receives is sadly a shake of disappointment.

"However, the other drugs you guys have found is considered safe. Keep searching." Taehyung raises his eyebrows in consideration when he sees Hosoek rubbing his temple, a sign that he's worried of what will happen next.

"Did you find anything else? Besides not a single trace of Lewisite and the harmless drugs?" Jungkook anxiously says, hoping for just a small glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, it wasn't a train.

"Captain! There're two more in mass we just found! And it's unidentifiable just like the one you've found!"

"Guard the place, we now have the possible predictions." Taehyung answers, now a reassuring smile on his lips as the two others high-five to cheer for the taut situation they've solved. However, the confusion that haunts Jungkook from day to day is there again.

Lewisite couldn't be that easy to be found.